Anxiety very high on sertaline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Very scared Help!

I've been on sertaline for tomorrow makes 3 weeks i take it at night. I no longer get nausea and stomach discomfort but I do still experience the dizzy heavy head feeling. I haven't worked out in 3 days after my workout so I worked out after I was done I began to feel that anxious feeling in my stomach like I'm about to have an attack. My heart is beating really fast because I'm nervous I'm trying to take my mind off of it. Is this normal on sertaline? I'm supposed to start my period maybe that's why my anxiety is bad idk I'm scared

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It will take a,little more time to get the drug working well in your system. My anxiety went up around weeks 3-5 and since then it has been toned down.
    • Posted

Thanks for responding glad to know I'm not the only one

• Posted

Hey,

i can can sympathise with you on sertraline...I was on this last year for almost 8 weeks I think, it took 6 weeks to balance out with me. For the first 6 weeks I felt twice as anxious, didn't sleep, tons of physical symptoms. It just didn't work for me so i took myself off them and never used a 'anxiety medication' again. Everyone is different though, I mean they say it should take around 4 weeks to balance out so try stick it out and see how it goes. 

Good of luck and stay strong, 

if you've had all the necessary testing then try stay positive and remember your fine, don't let anxiety rule you. It's tough, but there's loads of people out there going through the same. This site is brilliant to chat, get advice and just a boost.

good luck. 

• Posted

I haven't that's what makes me scared, only. my heart and thyroid were checked when I was in the ER two weeks ago

• Posted

Hi Jen, I have been on sertraline for 10 months but only on a low does, my dose has now been increased and oh my days my anxiety is currently through the roof right now, my heart is beating really fast my head feels really heavy and I am soooo dizzy it's coming in waves, it's also making me feel really agitated to its a horrible feeling but I know it will settle, it's just hard to convince your brain that it's just anxiety x

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel and being on my period doesn't help the situation at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.