anxiety, weakness and trembling

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello

i recently suffered a death in the family and had a couple panic attacks, since then my body or heath has not been the same. I first started getting vertigo, then my thigh was twitching for about a week, that stopped and my hands began feeling weak, that stopped and i started getting weakness in my thighs, also sometimes i get headaches all over my head, I had a full blood test which was clear, I keep reading about things like motor neuron disease and multiple sclerosis which has made me feel afraid and worse then ever. My doctor thinks all this is due to anxiety and has sent a referral for an mri. He thinks this is all due to my anxiety,

Please help

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I haven't experience a close loss in my family so I'm not going to tell you how you're supposed to feel or I know how you're feeling, but what I do know is that emotional difficulties are linked to issues with the body. They all fall part and parcel with one another. Stress can also cause headaches as well. I suffer with anxiety myself, even today I've had a few complete melt downs, hands shaking, heart racing, heartaches because I've got worked up. 

This may be completely useless to you, but I thought I'd share something, whether you agree or not, it's always nice to have somewhere to go from.

• Posted

Hello ilyas,

Hope you are well don,t worry its your anxiety my love i,m not a doctor but i can relate when you have a panic attack the feelings after can be so frightening you feel scared alone scared something really bad is wrong with you and your body is super sensitive to all these feelings dont worry i promise you its anxiety and that wont hurt you just try torob you of your life

• Posted

Thank you very much for your kind words, its just strange how everything is going smoothly and then suddenly you feel like the walls around you are collapsing,
    • Posted

That can change so quickly as well, or slowly...

But be strong, it all comes and goes, there is some positive in "nothing lasts forever", moods come and go, so hopefully happiness is just around the corner. Grab onto it when it's there... smile

• Posted

Anxiety is a big possibility. I suffer from tingling feelings and dizzy spells when I feel like I'm going to pass out. Also head pressure, aching the list goes on. I'm still not convinced it's anxiety I think I have a serious ilness but I'm seeing a neurologist just in case. Good luck to you, sorry for your loss. Did you have any of these symptoms before?x
    • Posted

Hello

no this just happened after the loss in the family, everything just went haywire inregards to my heath after,

• Posted

I'm glad I'm not the only one I too have head pressure and tingling it freaks me out that it might be something serious but doctors say it's just anxiety too

• Posted

sorry for your loss, anxiety following is natural, i suffer too and have had all sorts since my 2 losses 18 months ago, im just telling you that to help as seem to have had noting but worry, panic, dizziness and heart fibrilations too, bear with it, get GP chck just to put your mind at rest and talk, relax and do whatever to help.  all the best

• Posted

Anxiety and panic can manifest itself with physical symptoms.  The physical symptoms then cause us to worry we are physically sick with some horrible illness.  That increases the anxiety which further aggravates the symptoms.  This is a vicious cycle that builds off each other until life becomes unbearable.  If you could try to conciously be aware that that may be the case when you feel physically sick instead of it being some serious illness, you may be able to block that escalation in your anxiety.  
  • Posted

I had everything you had bar the headaches,my symptoms got worse the more I researched them.I started off thinking I had MS,then Parkinsons,Huntingtons and finally Motor Neuron disease.  Once I stopped googling the symptoms went, it was all in my head. I've been free fron anxiety for near on 10 years.
    • Posted

i think that will be for the best, to just ignore doing my own research online, thanks so much for your support,
    • Posted

My GP told me he tells all his patients to avoid googling thier symptoms, as in 3 clicks we can be clinically dead lol, hang in there sweetie xxxx
  • Posted

I have been experiencing the same things since a year ago after my uncle died too. It gets me even more down because I'm afraid something will happen to me and my family would once again have to suffer. I get warm sensations on my head heart racing and so much pressure on my head I hate it. I'm always worried about my health now I want my life back. Hope u get well too just knw you're not alone doctors say it is just stress and anxiety too I had a physical done and everything came out fine
    • Posted

Hello

i am so sorry to hear your going through this, it is really shocking how things can go upside down in the blink of an eye, i usually try breathing technics to help me calm down, also started eating healthy, working out etc, getting lots of sleep, i guess thats the best we can do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.