Anxiety....what medication really works ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with anxiety 3 weeks ago . My symptoms were dizziness everyday whether I am standing , sitting or walking, fast heart rate, numbness, weakness, fatigue, etc. I am overweight and also have blood pressure. I am trying to make changes to my diet by reducing my sodium intake to 1500 mg a day or less and all I drink now is water but occasionally have a soda. I was given xanax to take as needed for when I have an anxiety attack but is there any medication out there that I can take on a regular basis that will stay in my system to keep my attacks at a minimum ? I have a Dr appt Friday to discuss more options cause I cannot work until I can get these attacks under control . Can anyone relate to this ?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Along with anti-depressants and anxiety-reducing drugs, do some ilfestyle changes it may be usefull in this situation.

1.     Psychotherapy (a type of counseling) addresses the emotional response to mental illness. 

2.     Cognitive-behavioral therapy, the person learns to recognize and change thought patterns and behaviors that lead to troublesome feelings.Dietary and 3. 3.     lifestyle changes.

4.     Relaxation therapy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.