Anxiety: what to do for it.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I read that a few people here have anxiety. I am not a professional at all. But I have had anxiety over this vulval problem.  Anybody have good suggestions to combat anxiety?  I'm all ears... Clara is listening too. 

I do meditation, mindfulness, relaxing music, warm bath with Aveeno,  pelvic exercises and hubby rubs my arm when I'm having pain.  Hope something here helps. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debi, I also suffer from anxiety related to the Vulvadynia only.  I also do a meditation CD Mindfulness which is about 50 minutes long, I do that every afternoon when stress levels are higher.  It really relaxes me and makes me feel so heavy and sleepy, and def much calmer.  I also find the yoga exercises good too.  

Pelvuc floor exercises are are also good.  I have been going to see a MIND counsellor for the past 2 weeks, third session this morning and I find that really useful to talk about it and she helps lots with the anxiety too.  It is a 12 week course.  You just pay whatever you can afford.  She said to do the self meditation whenever feeling stressed, not just the cd but learn to do 5 or 10 minutes on my own, breathing and listening to breathing to calm me down several times a day.  Also it can help she said to jot things down that are worrying me, then shelve them and address them later on, perhaps with someone else listening and together find a solution rather than keep on worrying over the problems.

hopefully with all the advice we are gaining from this website we can beat the Vulvadynia and hence the anxiety will also go too.

• Posted

Yay Linda!  It sounds like you are doing everything you can to combat anxiety.  Good for you! I do some mindfulness training, meditation, and yoga when I remember.  I had a bad incident last night... Too much pain. ..  I got anxious. Then I took my Gabapentin and one Vicodin and went to sleep. I tried meditation first,.. but the pain was increasing too fast.   I hope you continue to have success with your plan! I need to work on mine so I don't get anxious with pain.  Take care! Debi

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your pain setback last night, seems it's one step forward and then two back.  How long do your bad episodes of pain normally last?  Mine tend to start and go on for about couple of hours.  I take painkillers when it's too bad.  I think it's anxiety that trigger mine normally, as had counselling this morning, but pain started just before I went, prob anxiety about the session.  Had grandchildren round yesterday afternoon and it began again, after I had had 4 pretty good days up until then, so it got me down again.  I am hoping my acupuncture will help once o start it.  

About 15 years ago, I had a lot of joint pain for almost 9 months, not sure why, but had all usual tests for rheumatoid arthritis etc, all came back clear, when a friend offered to take me to a faith healing session, and the chap gave me 15 minutes healing and after that I felt marvellous, pain just disappeared but came back two days later.  Anyway he came out to my house with a healing tape for me, gave me another (free) 15 minutes healing, my body felt all warm and tingling, then again it just disappeared, I couldn't believe it.  Just wish I had kept his card, can't remember his name even now and lent the tape to someone and never got it back.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.