Anxiety. When its necessary to seek help.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have a complicated case when it comes to anxiety. I once could tackle my anxiety by challenging my thoughts and used exercise and diet as a way to cope with anxiety. I learned to meditate when these challenges of stress would try to take over. I would feel liberated. I thought i had over come anxiety. How wrong was I! if anone needs advise im obviously not a health professional and can only give my advise i can hopefully help you in advise about anxiety and how medication can help people. Feel free to ask something if you are suffering in silence i will try to give advise if i can.

2 likes, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello

I have been suffering from anxiety for about a year now. I see a therapist she does help I also have a psychiatrist that put me on .05 lorapazam and 10mg Prozac . I took Prozac for 4 weeks had to stop it to return to work I was having bad side effects. I stopped it cold turkey about 11 days ago first 5 days were ok now as of Friday of last week I'm having a relapse of med brain zap headache lack of motivation depressed. I heard omega 3 is really good to take for headache and brain zaps.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Im not sure about omega 3 it might be worth a try if it has helped others. Ive had the brain zaps thats where you just stopped the medication. Now you may need see your gp of psychiatrist to get the right help. Just stopping medication can lead your brain to kind of miss the medication causing the brain zaps. I once managed to come off prozac but stopped it slowly. Unfortunately there are side effects with these kind of medications. Anxiety can be a debilitating but with the right help it can be overcome. I could suggest some different meds that could help but obviously im not a health professional all i can do is advise what i think may help. It took me 3 years of suffering anxiety until i realised i had to take medication. If you need any more advise message me. All the best
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Mine all came about after having a nervous breakdown. Doc put me on meds which helped but it took nearly 20 years. I still get the what ifs' but very rarely. I've just had a knee replacement and I had so much anxiety I was in vomit mode for 3 weeks. If you aren't on meds get some its worth it. All the vest

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You seek help when anxiety is unmanagable for you - thats it - there are no rules.  Meds can be part of the answer for some, or not at all for others so try not to fixate on them as the answer.  Quite often therapy is more successfull in the long term so maybe ask your dr about that
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have a hard time sleeping becuase of anxiety. It wakes me up most nights feeling unrested through out the day and high anxiety most days. I have been suffereing for almost 3 months. I have been given xanax and zoloft. The zoloft made me super sick so I stopped after a few days. I take a pill to help me sleep and xanax as needed but I try not to take it everyday. I am miserable most days. It is hard to be alone but yet it is hard to get out of bed. Something has to give before I go absolutly crazy.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Now if i had to advise a medication for your problems with sleep it would be valdoxan or the actual name of the drug name is called agomelatine. This in my opinion is the best medication for this kind of problem with sleep. Dont worry you wont go crazy have you got a psychiatrist you see to prescribe the medication?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I understand you dont want to be dependant on medication but sometimes it helps when nothing else seems too. Valdaxan is good to help you sleep and help anxiety. I hope you get the right help you need.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry i had to write a short message my phone keeps crashing. I write a in depth message and then it crashes. I think i need a new phone. Valdoxan is a very good medication in my opinion. I feel like a human being again on it. Some of the medications out there can have some side effects that put you off wanting to take them. Message me if you have any questions
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ive Been on valdoxan for 4 month's i would say its a vey useful medication. It helps with your sleeping and also helps with daily activities when you may be suffering depression. It takes two to three weeks for valdaxan to start working and you don't have any side effects that ive noticed. Its taken nearly 20 years for me to find a medication that i can tolerate and feel like a human being again. I can't think of any negative things to say about it.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thats great to hear, it gives me some hope as have tried loads of diff meds too.

I am feeling very out of it at the moment and extremely tired but I have also lowered Lexapro from 20mg to 10mg and increased Lyrica from 150mg to 200mg so not sure which is causing the side effects.

I am taking it for mixed depression, panic and anxiety but i suppose anxiety been the biggest one..

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

In my experience with doing that i would definitely try not to drink alcohol. I only drank 4 cans once and did not feel right i wont be drinking again after that.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up