Anxiety. When its necessary to seek help.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have a complicated case when it comes to anxiety. I once could tackle my anxiety by challenging my thoughts and used exercise and diet as a way to cope with anxiety. I learned to meditate when these challenges of stress would try to take over. I would feel liberated. I thought i had over come anxiety. How wrong was I! if anone needs advise im obviously not a health professional and can only give my advise i can hopefully help you in advise about anxiety and how medication can help people. Feel free to ask something if you are suffering in silence i will try to give advise if i can.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Advise is all i can offer. with time and patience everyone can recover. Some people choose to go on medication. Some people cant stand the thought of medication. I have battled with anxiety all my life. I have suffered a nervous break down about 7 years ago. I have been on and off medication for 18 years. I have tryed nearly ever medication known to man. All i can do is offer advise
  • Posted

Was tiredness lack of energy a symptom at the peak of anxiety?? I have a job I play hockey once a week, I go for walks but I'm tired and drained. I make sure to eat I should prolly drink more fluids then I do. Maybe my sleep schedule is off??

Thanks

Mackie

• Posted

Yes tiedness and lack of energy is a symtom of anxiety. Drinking more fruids would help with tiedness. Sleeping properly is kind of key to getting your energy back on track. When living a busy life we can if we are not careful burn ourselves out. Missing a meal now and again not drinking enough fluids can contribute to anxiety starting to creep in without realising it. I burnt myself out a few times in my life. I was unaware what i was doing to myself. I was so bad in the end i couldnt run 20 meters without having to stop i went to the doctors in the end because it was clear i could no longer continue like this. I used to be able to run a marathon at my fittest. I thought how could this happen to me ive done my best to stay on top of things. The doctor said i was suffering obsessive compulsive disorder and gave me valuim. I dont take valuim now but i do take medication for my anxiety.
  • Posted

i have had anxiety most of my life. i do yoga, meditation and other modalities for relaxation as well. i used to be a weight lifter, i was buff, i speed walked, but was always so very tired.

he thing i know now is that anxiety is a symptom of a greater problem. docs want to cover the symptoms up with pills, but later on the symptoms bite you in the butt with diseases that they overlook or never cared enough to be courious and find the true problem. for me is was celiacs and polymyositis. 

I don't know that they could have done anything for the PM, but CD is treatable and if I had known, i would likely not be as sick as I am today.  

my family lives into their late 80, i don't think i will make it to 60, maybe not even 58. ALL because i was never treated by doctors properly.  i have soo much anger tward doctors now, i have NO trust for one a one of them.

be tenatious and make the docs keep searching for answers that suit you.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.