Anxiety with bad physical symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Having been suffering from anxiety for some years now but over the last 6 months physical symptoms have got quite bad. They include headaches, shaky hands and legs, electric shocks, vibrating feeling and neck and back pains. Been coping with it quite well for the last month. Was just wondering how long it has taken anyone for symptoms to subside mainly the shakes and weakness. These have been the most distressing symptoms for me and have contributed to my on going anxiety. Any input would help

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you on any meds. I just recognized your problem. i suffer from a lot of the same symptoms.
    • Posted

Was on sertraline 50mg but was making my hands shake more and causing nausea so I stopped taking them. Just St. John's worts atm. Also started counselling yesterday. Just want the shaking to stop. Making me avoid social situations
    • Posted

I myself have got shaky arms hands and sometimes legs. I do have osteoarthtitis in neck and hip. My neck causes a lot of pain and some of the tense muscles come from there. The problem is that i know now that i cant just blame everything on my neck. I suffer from anxiety and depression and have to find a way to fight this. Took me a long time to realize also because i got put on different meds for anxiety and i was just hoping that would do the job. I hope you can stay of the meds. I surely wish i could have.

i can only recommend the usual...eat healthy drink plenty of water if you can do try and exercise . Meditation an relaxing techniques do help a lot of people as well. Try and look into the jacobson techniques. You can find a lot on youtube.i m sure you have heard most of this before but i myself am only just trying to get into most of these things. I owe it to myself and a lot of people around me. I know deep inside i can find my old happy self. Eventhough i cant really find him yet. All the best !!!!!

• Posted

How bad are your shakes though. Sometimes In my hands/ fingers it's so bad and constant couldn't imagine anyone else having the same without it being more sinister
  • Posted

If you don't come to terms with the fact that anxiety is causing your symptoms then I don't think it will go. Some people say "I know it's anxiety what's causing my symptoms" but deep down they're thinking, but what if it's this or that? Health anxiety is a vicious circle, the more anxious you get,the worse the symptoms become,the worse the symptoms become the more anxious you get. Breaking that cycle is the only way out (I believe). I know of someone who couldn't lift a can of hairspray to her head she became that weak,she's fine now tho. She didn't so much suffer from a health anxiety,her anxiety was brought on from a toxic work environment,but she had similar symptoms to me. Once she moved jobs she got better,she broke the cycle. Health anxiety is lot harder to fix I'll admit.

I also avoided social situations. I remember virtually slamming the door in a neighbours face because I couldn't face talking to them. I'm not a rude person,but I felt so weak and disoriented that I'd rather look rude than make an idiot of myself. I never got to explain why I slammed the door as they moved away,I still feel terrible,and its been 10 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.