Anxiety Won’t Go Away

Posted , 7 users are following.

I feel as though this time is different. This time the anxiety is constant and will not leave. Normally I’ll have these “episodes” of anxiety and then be fine for months. However, this time feels different, it feels like I’m stuck in my own worst nightmare. I’m not sleeping, my blood pressure is constantly elevated even with mediciation and I feel awful. I have this general feeling of uncontrollable unwellness that will not leave. Is there hope at the end of this? Has anyone experienced this and had any success or recommendations? I feel that when I’m not sleeping I live on google looking up symptoms or forums to see what other people are going through. What’s strange is that I feel the physical symptoms are far less frequent than before, but this general feeling of disconnect and worry is constant and feels as though it never leaves. I find myself randomly crying for no apparent reason and I just really don’t want to talk to anyone. I love my friends and most importantly my family but even that’s a challenge recently. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi timothy

I get this everyday all day. Valium doesnt work anymore and i dont beleive in anti depressants. My jaw is constantly locked and im always googling symptoms of a heart attack or some other serious illness that could kill me. What sort of anxiety do you suffer with? Do you leave the house etc?

• Posted

Hi Rose, I have GAD. I’ve never had an issue leaving the house until recently. It’s always been managed quite well. The last few weeks have been absolutely awful and leaving the house puts me on edge. I went to a restaurant a few evenings ago and ended up getting my food to go as I just couldn’t handle being there. 
  • Posted

Hi

I am exactly the same. My doctor thinks it’s just like before with my other short stints of anxiety however it has been going on now for the past 6 months. 

He has said it is my decision whether I want to change antidepressants or not and gave me new ones. Just left me to decide. I really don’t know what to do anymore?

Are you on any medication? 

• Posted

I’m not on any medications as I’ve elected historically not to take any. However, now I feel like I’m in a corner and I’ve got to get on something. I’m always tired and I’m becoming irritable. I’m so frustrated. 
    • Posted

Hi

I totally appreciate where you are coming from with regards to not wanting to take medication and commend you for it. 

If you feel that now is the time to try then there is no harm in that. If you don’t like it and have given it a shot then at least you have tried that option. 

I will say though that the first antidepressant won’t nevcessarily be the correct match for you however I imagine it has an 80% chance of working as you haven’t been on any. However do not quote me on that. I am only someone who has been on antidepressants and not a medical professional. 

I wish you good luck in whatever you choose to do.

🙂

• Posted

My doctor actually put me on a beta blocker yesterday that shockingly showing some promise. I've felt quite a bit better today after taking it less than 24 hours prior. We will see what happens over the next few weeks but so far, it is a breath of fresh air. I'm going to CBT this week to see if that will also help in this process. 

• Posted

Hi timothy,, ur not alone love, ive been like this since january, it just wont leave me, everyday all day. Getting new things with it also. Gotta keep telling myself its my anxiety. My docs aint much help either xx
  • Posted

I've been the same for nearly 2 months now. Even though I've had a change of medication.

I seem to be taking 2 steps forward and 50 back.

Went out with friends over weekend..found myself panicky and sweating. Feeling sick bad tummy all the anxiety symptoms.

Now I feel like it's going to be an issue every time I go out.

Good luck hope you feel bit better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.