Anxiety Won't Stop

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today has been one of the worst days for my anxiety and I generally just feel like an overall feeling of death. I haven't been able to sleep for 3-4 nights cause I wake up multiple times feelings anxious and worrying I will die. I'm only 15 and have had multiple tests done (all came back healthy) and was diagnosed 3 years ago with anxiety but it never has gotten this bad. I have anxiety EVERY day. This is making me worried I have something wrong with my brain (disease, tumor, etc). My head feels foggy and I feel weird all day. I also have pressure in my sinuses all day too. I'm so fed up with this anxiety. I try to keep myself busy all day and its so tiring. I'm on hydroxyzine and I don't think that's helping and its been 3-4 weeks. I'm so worried about death, after we die, what happens, etc. I'm so worried about my health. My chest hurts nearly all day. Anyone else relate to any of these rambled statements?

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. He feeling is so real, but it is so wrong. It is all a vicious cycle. I lived in that cycle for 18 months. What finally hit me was that I needed sleep. The lack of sleep was making everything worse. Try to sleep, sleep and sleep. The body needs at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Without that, anxiety gets worse and the cycle never ends. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist regarding safe sleeping aids and or relaxation processes may help you. Just try to relax and know this anxiety monster is wanting you to feel this way. Try everything you can to beat it. Get mad at it. Yell at it. Laugh at it. Take control of it. Get your life back. Please know I have felt everything your are feeling, but you can beat it. It takes work, but you can do it!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I got control of it for 2 ish years and I know I can do it. But not being able to sleep/medication changes are making it hard to find peace. Along with all these near fears, it seems impossible. I'm trying to write down in a journal everyday and when I do, I find relief for a couple hours.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am so sorry your feeling this way. Dont worry so much about death, we are all souls that together make up this beautiful universe. Your body houses your beautiful soul and your soul knows all the afterlife answers but i dont think we are suppose to know so we enjoy our time here. It all one big learning experience. Nothing to fear there have been many people who died and regained life and it seems a peaceful beautiful afterlife awaits everyone when there souls have completed there journey here . I dont know if that helps you, but that part is all taken care by God. Your job is to learn and experience life as best you can. Anxiety is a big huge learning challenge for those of us who have it. 18% of the population. Good news is many figure it all out and live lovely lives. You are worrying about your health because yiu have health anxiety and you are young and healthy and have a strong body. Learn how to belly breathe. When you inhale your belly should expand, when you exhale your belly should flatten. At first it will make you feel weird but over time you will get used to it. All singers breathe this way. Then a few times a day take three solid minutes to yourself and just slowly breathe using your belly of course and those three minutes are a no worry zone, no think zone at all. Any thought that tries to occur you say innthree minutes not now. It is a three minutes of nothing but slowly breathing in and out. That will relax your entire body. Nothing you can possibly worry about will fix or help a situation, it seems comforting but it isnt at all. At night its a time to sleep, not think.  Put on a sleep relaxation meditation or sleep hypnosis from the net at night. Your sleep is very important. It is important so your body can heal, rest and get ready for the next day. Never feel worrying makes things better, it really never ever does. Your goal is to live in the moment. In that moment you do all the stuff you need to do..your hw, clean, hang with friends..etc.. You do not need to woory about the future the time will pass  anyway and if you are doing your school work and such the present will take care of the future all on its own. Live in the moment. Watch funny videos, funny anything and laugh. Laugh as much as you can. Happiness makes a person healthy. Everyday when you awake say aloud three things you are grateful for, doesnt matter how small or big they are. Always find things to be grateful for. Everytime a negative thought enters your mind you need to say is that true? Everything you think or worry about is not true at all. always try and balance a bad thought with a good thought. Start looking in the mirror and saying i love you. Even if it corny or strange eventually youll feel it. You must love yourself as is. Take one day at a time and live in the moment is the key to break this anxiety. All anxieties are people that worry about the future. Not telling you not to plan for it because as you live in the moment you are doing all that is needed anyway. A great other idea is to play music that makes you feel good and dance around. Feed yourself fun. Laughing, dancing, loving yourself..these thing uplift you. Lastly, dont allow anyone else's issues become your own. Teens can be caddy and strange to each other. Surround yourself with positive people. Even if that means one or two sincere positive friends. Thats it. Stay strong and you will beat this.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Wow. I'm literally tearing up, everything in that paragraph was so beautifully written. It really helped me and I think ill definitely try that belly beathing technique. Thank you so so so so so so so much. It means the world to me. ☺
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am sorry you are going through this at such a young age....however, I know exactly what you are hog through. I have had anxiety my whole life but, at one point it went to an extreme point and I was fearful every day for almost a whole year before it became more manageable. I would only be able to sleep two hours at a time at most for months.....every night I would wake up at 12am, 2am, 3-4am and then 6 for the day, I was going to the ER with chest pains and my heart would beat so hard and rapid it was so scary, I had them heck my heart, lungs, brain scans, all kinds of tests and they kept coming back I was fine. I would feel so foggy in the head and just "not right", I would pace all the time crying because it felt like I was going crazy that I felt all this, I would have pains, tingling, numbness, all sorts of symptoms.....it took me a while to deal with it and I was on Celexa and Ativan for attacks and sleep....I still woke up at night though lol. Now, I still have the anxiety but, I'm not on any meds and am doing ok at handling it. So, I just want you to know that your not alone and it can and will get better. I hope this helps and let me know if you need to talk more 🎁
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have exactly all those things- chest pains, heart palpitations, foggy brain, numbness, etc. I'm scared I have a brain tumor or something wrong with my organs constantly. I'm patiently waiting for my new psychiatrist and psychologist building to call me and schedule me in for an appointment. Trying to stay positive till then. But thank you. It really did help me know I'm not alone smile
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Not all the time but once every couple of days I'll have a dizzy spell. I'm constantly fuzzy though and I think I'm forgetting things that happened recently as in 2 days ago. But if I'm reminded of what happened, I'll remember.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi. The feelings your having are all anxiety ! That's what anxiety is ! It causes you to over think. It tells you something is wrong. Your brain then tells you that you need to find out what wrong. Because you can't because their actually isn't anything you get more anxious and the circle goes on. If you have had tests and go says you are healthy then it's anxiety. It plays tricks ! When you see calm the thoughts become more rational. So you need to tell yourself this is anxiety nothing more nothing less. The secret is to change your thinking. If illness comes in your head say no I am well it's anxiety that's all. Anxiety can't kill me I need to distract myself and calm down. I no it's easier said than done. It is scary. Anxiety core is uncertainty You are uncertain so it heightens Nothing in life is certain or everyone. So guess life is scary when you suffer anxiety. I had anxiety at your age but trust me you learn ways of coping. You will be ok I promise. Be strong see it for what it is !
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for your couragous words, I'm going to try to get into a therapist and maybe they'll guide me in the right direction with thinking and coping. If I managed it once, I should be able to get it under controlled. Just all these physical symptoms are scaring me.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You will manage it again and again as and when it pops up. Keep that thought as you always will manage it. I promise. Had it years and a therapist will help. You will be ok. X
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up