Anxiety worsening

Posted , 6 users are following.

My panic attacks are bad lately. Whenever someone talks to me in work needing some information, I go into a complete melt down. My heart starts to pound and I go very hot and I can feel my face start to burn up and turn red. My legs start to shake and I feel like I have butterflys in my stomach. Then I struggle to get the words out, partly because I'm panicing, partly because I'm questioning what I'm about to say.. and partly because of stuttering due to a med side affect. 

It makes everything so difficult to cope with, especially work. I just want to quit and walk away but I know I have to be better than my ilnesses. Anxiety is just one of my mental health issues. I have meds, but they dont seem to help. I just wish it would all end.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I get that sometimes when serving a customer I work in a cafe and it's hard to carry on serving when you just want to run away, if it gets really bad just apologise and walk away, take some deep breathes have a glass of water and carry on, I know we can't this beat us but it's pretty damn hard sometimes! Does your employer know about this situation?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

stress certainly aggrivates our anxieties.  When you have breaks try to find ways to de stress.  Go for a walk, listen to your favorite music, maybe try meditation, especially guided meditation.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi ...oh bless you lovey....I understand exactly how you feel....I have had a stutter my whole life also....it used to cripple me....I had to have alcohol.to cope with anything and everything....

I knew a gentleman who had a very....very.....bad stutter....I never felt any the less of him.....in fact ..myself and everyone else were very protective of him......

I just don't worry about it now.....for years !!! I would not use a telephone......keep your chin up lovely...it does get easier ....honestly...xxxxxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do you get dry mouth and lump in the throat too? I get all that and those 2 when I'm feeling on edge
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I find that I breathe very rapidly....and sometimes shake....I used to hate it....now I think ...well so what.....I will never see this person again....please try to keep positive lovely ....it really can improve.....I send you big hugs.......xxxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My thorat also goes very tight, and the preassure really builds in my temples. Its like I can feel every beat of my heart in various parts of my body where I feel this preassure. I'm just waiting for a veign to pop, which then adds to the anxiety of the situation I'm already in.. and then I'm just stuck in a tornado cycle of thoughts.

I've got various meditation apps on my phone, and I try and apply the techniques when I feel myself getting worked up. But they never seem to help in the moment when I'm being confronted by someone who needs something from me.

I know I'm not the only one, but sometimes it feels like that.. you know?

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up