Anxious

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning all

I was 6 weeks post op for posterior repair yesterday and am due Physio and post op checkup tomorrow.  A friend called by yesterday and took me for a walk, the sun was shining, we were nattering away and before we knew it had gone in excess of 4 miles!  I must say I felt very twingy but a couple of paracetamol and a restful afternoon helped the pain to subside. 

This morning I felt quite good and so took myself off out for my usual stroll but have returned home to find that I am slightly bleeding and having very strong shooting pains in my groin and vagina.  Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned? 

Annette X 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think you've just overdone things a bit annette and nothing a bit of rest with your feet up won't cure. 6 weeks is still quite soon for walking as far as you did but you won't have done any damage.
    • Posted

Thank you for your speedy response Matron 😊.  I will take it easy for the rest of today.

I'm still unsure if I am fit to return to work next week - although my job isn't physical it is very stressful and demanding! I will have to get my Fit Note extended as it runs out on Friday. 

Annette 

• Posted

Hi. I was just wondering is it normal to not be offered a post op check up? I had rectocele surgery and was not informed of any follow up appointment?
    • Posted

i think its common , im not gettin a post op check either , 8 weeks post op now and have to go back to doctors to try and get referred back to consultant  rearding a rectocele repair as they didt fix it when they did the cystocele , not happy one bit x
  • Posted

Hi Annette. You're not alone I had same surgery 4 weeks ago. On Saturday I went for a walk and although I had little pain the following day I was shattered legs like jelly and bum cheeks aching. Frustrating as you feel ok while doing nothing but resting.

I'm a bit concerned as no one at hospital has mentioned a post op check up for me? Would like reassurance that all was ok.

Hope all goes well for you x

• Posted

Hi 

Thanks for your response.  I'm just going to take it easy again for the rest of today ! My Fit Note runs out on Friday and I'm not sure if I should I should be returning to work yet 🤔.  Although my job isn't physical it is very stressful and demanding! 

I will post again tomorrow after the Physio and 6 week check. 

Annette 

• Posted

Yes keep us posted how you get on. I only got a 4 week note which runs out tomorrow I am seriously considering asking for another 1-2 week if I can. Don't want to over do it and I know driving and sitting at a desk would be uncomfortable at the moment.

Have you thought about returning on a phased basis for a few weeks?

• Posted

Good morning 

It was a long day yesterday but here is my update ........

First went to my Physio appointment. They just checked my progress and we went through the pelvic floor exercises etc once more.  These should be continued.  

Next off to the follow up appointment with my Surgeon.  After chatting about the excess of mileage I had walked earlier this week and the the "bleed"'I had experienced he carried out an examination - yay!! 

From his examination he said that I was healing nicely but still had a few stitches left and in his opinion I had not done any damage, it was probably just a stitch coming away which would cause the bleed.  This being said, I was to slow down and not do that distance just yet.  He said I could go swimming and try riding a bike again now if I wanted - but not my road bike just yet! The healing still continues and it takes 12 weeks for most of us to heal and some of us longer!  He said you still need to listen to your body!  He wants me to take a further couple of weeks off of work so now I will try and get hold of my GP to get my Fit Note extended - wish me luck!!!

I hope you are feeling ok today?

Annette X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.