Anxious About New Job

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. I finally got a job again after a year of not working. During that year, I got GAD, and I keep feeling anxious about this new job. I'm working at a sub restaurant that expects their subs to be really neat, and they also, expect you to constantly be cheerful and talking to others. I'm really worried that I'm going to have lots of anxiety, or an anxiety attack. I work 5 days this week, for 7 hour's each day. I want this job, so badly, but I feel like I'm going to do horrible...

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Congrats on the job!

When do you start?

• Posted

Try to get a lot of sleep and be optimistic.

As always, if you need anything at all, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

Hey Kayla, congrats on the new job.....I can relate cause I too am starting a new job today after not been working in 2 years. I was diagnosed with GAD last October and am so nervous. I have everyday dizziness which is what I am worried about the most cause idk if the dizziness is a symptom of anxiety or a symptom of an inner ear problem. I have an appt may 27 to have a vestibular test done but I am dizzy while sitting down as well as standing and walking too and this new job is working in a call center so I am just afraid my dizziness will start. I have klonopin to take to relax me just hope it helps with the dizziness....
    • Posted

I'm dizzy right now, and my head has pressure. Same with my neck. I feel weak, and my chest feels heavy. I just don't know how I'm going to get through this. I have had severe anxiety since October of last year.
    • Posted

I am dizzy right now too and don't know how I will get thru this either. Did you tell your employer you have anxiety ? I guess we need to try and block it out of our mind and keep telling yourself we can do this
    • Posted

The place I work at, expects you to be very positive, after a bit of training, and they probably wouldn't hire me if I have GAD.
  • Posted

good luck!

try and take it easy one day at a time. don't focus on getting through 5 days this week yet just focus on tomorrow. baby steps

• Posted

Well done Kayla

You will be great dont worry and enjoy

Stay Strongbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Kayla,

Try to stay positive and imagine how much this job will make u happy. (As u stated this is what u want). Know it's our negative thoughts and fears that causes our own anxieties. As hard as it is to control at times...the more were positive the better it will be. It's all about believing. Say positive things out loud to help it sink into your mind.

Best of luck on ur first week.

Xx

• Posted

Also keeping busy really does help keep.the focus of our issues. For the most part.
    • Posted

I noticed that yesterday. When I left, I didn't feel too great. My anxiety rushed back in. sad
    • Posted

So, will you try to keep more busy now to help lower your anxiety?
    • Posted

Yeah, I guess so. But, it's just that I've been so depressed, so I don't feel very motivated anymore.
    • Posted

Did anything specific about work make you feel less depressed?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.