Anxious About Work and Your Support

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know that I have mentioned here about being anxious about starting work but I woke this morning with than usual anxiety.

?Even though school, I'm a teacher, doesn't start until the 16th, I have to head back to work tomorrow.

?On top of that I recently had a break up. It's been a week. It was a mutal decision and we want to remain friends; however, we do work together. This will be difficult to say the least. Our focus will be on the kids and that's always been a priority. I know they say never date someone you work with but she was different. She is an amazing person who I rely on at work to help support the kids. I know it will be difficult in the beginning but I do want us to be friends. I know that all I need is time. I'm just mourning the loss.

?But where my anxiety is most intense is starting ip work again and having to deal with all the stresses of the job. I use to feel like I was a strong person but right now I feel weak. I just don't know what happened to me.

?I know they say time heals all wounds but taking one day at a time can be difficult.

?Again, I apologize for beign redundant but I didn't share the other piece of the puzzle. I was afraid of being judged or thought poorly about.

?I guess that I'm looking for words of encouragement and support. I will continue my breahing exercises but today will be a challenge.

?I appreciate you all for listening and being there. Thanks!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well there's nothing weak about being a caring person, Tip, and it takes immense courage to bare one's soul and private feelings. You are commended for that, not judged.

The end of a relationship is always sad and painful and yes, you have to go through the grieving process. I can only advise that if you must look back then do so with fondness as popposed to regret. Every experience of such nature is life enriching but sometimes it runs its course.

So now you have to look ahead. The relationship has changed but there is no reason you cannot be friends. Your goals are the same, the kids. There is no reason that should change nor should it. Tell yourself it is not about you, it is not about her, it is not about the different direction the relationship has taken. And that by working together you will both be giving them your best. Strength in numbers so to speak

Anticipatory stress serves no purpose. Don't think about any tomorrows. Don't dwell upon the past. It is the here and now we must deal with. Thinking ahead will intimidate you. When the day comes then you will deal with it smile You can deal with it. And the children will be lucky to have you. xx

• Posted

Thank you Helen. Your words mean so much to me. I will continue to look and move forward. Change is difficult but as they say, things happen for a reason.

?You are right. It's not about me, or her - it's about the kids. There is strength in numbers.

?I know you can only live for today and I am trying to hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day and it will be what it will be.

?I do appreciate your kind words. This forum has been my life line for that past few weeks. Getting the chance to meet you all in the virual world has been a blessing.

?I will be you posted about the day. Take care. And we will chit chat soon.

• Posted

You know what, Tip? Your goodness shines through, it really does. You'll be okay. You're going to make it smile

Will think of you tomorrow and in my heart I will be wishing you well. We will all look  forward to hearing how the day went. We're all there for you in spirit if not in body!

Mommy hugs from Helen

• Posted

Are you able to discuss why you both decided to end the relationship?? Is it something you both actually truly wanted? If you work together, chances are your anxiety will be up there for a while, but who knows it could make you guys either fix your issues and restart your relationship, or maybe cause you guys to grow a very nice friendship.. Good luck with work tomorrow, and just think of how anxious you are, all the kids will be anxious too! At least you're not alone!!

• Posted

I know my anxiety was a part of it but with her, things changed when her grandfather died. Maybe we were meant to be friends, I can live with that. It's grieving part that is eating me up inside. I know things happen for a reason but going through it is very difficult. 

?We have been watching the women's soccer games and we do text. I really want us to work on making our friendship stronger and sound. I'm not angry or upset but just sad. I know she be going through something similiar.

?She has a lot to work on for herself and I respect that. It's a long story but she is living with her brother, going back to school and she feels she isn't getting anywhere in her life. She said sh hasn't stopped caring about me and that she considers me one of her best friends. I do find comfort in that. I believe her. 

?I truly care for her and want noting but the best for her. It's just tough.

?Thank you for your kind words. It so helpful to have support here. I don't know what I would do without you all. I'm glad that I took the chance to reach out.

?Whatever happens between the two of us, I bet it'll be great.

?I do agree that the kids and the parents will be anxious too. A new year, with new kids . . . it's enough to stress anyone.

?Again, I appreciate your support. I'll keep you all posted. Take care.

• Posted

You sound like such a lovely person.

Try and break ur day down into stages, hour by bout so all u have to get through is that hour ur in. You may find that easier.

Are u worried about ur workload? I'm not a teacher but expect u have a lot to deal with.

If the work load is immense break that down into stages, make lists of what needs doing. It may seem easier written down on paper.

Ur doing amazing after going through so much, a break up is a big thing

Stay strong and always hear to listen xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.