Anxious after a good month.

Posted , 3 users are following.

After almost a month of feeling pretty much back to normal, I've had a rough night feeling very anxious.  My doctor upped my dose to 40mg at the end of December and this certainly made a difference.  I started to feel nauseous a couple of days ago, but put it down to pain killers and Ibuprofen I've been taking for a Sciatic problem.  Awoke in the early hours feeling anxious and took a Diazepam but did not really get any relief.  I hope this is only a minor blip and will pass as quickly as it arrived.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am on week 12 & had the same anxiety on Saturday, all shakey inside, but a friend came as we were going out to a birthday dinner & it passed after about an hour? I think rather than reach for another tablet in a panic, try to ride it, distract your mind to something else & hope it passes. I am so much better than I was with regard to anxiety & mood balance, but each day can be different especially the tiredness & trying to motivate yourself to do something productive. 
    • Posted

I'm on about week 16 and the higher dose since the end of December.  After having the best part of a month feeling good, I was hoping to be through the period of set backs.  So far down the line, any set back is even more frustrating.  Just hope it doesn't last long.
  • Posted

Hi chris

What a cruel illness this is! Just when you think youve made it through it goes n chucks a few wrotten days at you :-( its hard to take if thats what it is.

Hope the nausea n anxiety has eased this evening for you? Could it be anxiety building up over the pain youve been having, ive had slipped disc and sciatica in the past and the pain is hateful? Gave up on drs, osteopath and acupuncture eventually got me sorted.

Or if you check the web it suggests that taking ibuprofen on fluox can cause worse side effects or new ones so you maybe need to find an alternative painkiller. It says they should only be combined in special circumstances, did dr put you on it particularly?

Hope you find an answer n start to feel better soon. Take care.

Vix

• Posted

Hi Vix,

You are right in what a cruel illness this is.  I've just replied to a post David started earlier, stating how the early part of this week went for me.  Bottom  line is that my anxiety lifted as quickly as it came and now I feel good again.  One period of 3 days feeling down in a month in the scheme of things isn't too bad, although it does when you're not feeling great.  Onwards and upwards.  Hope things are good with you.

Chris.

• Posted

Hey chris thats brilliant! Not that you had three awful days obviously but that they were just that, bad days that passed.

Things seem to be looking up for me but I darent count my chickens and im expecting some down days. Im just enjoying feeling more like myself while it lasts :-)

Stay happy

Vix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.