Anxious after banging head

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone

first of all a little background, I suffer quite bad with anxiety, I always think worse and I am my own worse enemy for googling symptoms.

okay so this evening I went to my sister's to help my bro-inlaw to get an old fridge freezer out the back garden shed.

Whilst standing in the doorway of the shed I stepped back and cracked the top of my head (slighty top right) on the corner of a piece of wood, it bloody hurt!

anyway once we has finished getting fridge out and carried into house and sat down I felt a bit strange and was worrying in case i had bleeding on brain. I googled about head injuries and read about being concerned if you have dizziness, nausea, headache ect which at the time I didn't but it's now 3 hrs later and I am in bed and I feel strange and also my left hand has mild pins and needles sensation and also I have no bump where I hit my head but it hurts to touch and also I am very aware of my breathing if that makes sense.

my anxietys going into melt down that I have caused internal bleeding on the brain.

and I don't know if my symptoms are because of the bang to the head or if my anxiety is causing them.

I just need some advice or reassurance.

thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

my personal thought in this is that in order to have done real damage you have have hit your head really really hard. people hitting there is a common occurence and having real damage as a result is not common. i have four small children who i have seen hit there heads pretty hard but with no damage. your head being sore is probably from bruising which is a way our bodies protect themselves. maybe try an ice pack and some ibruprofen and them reevaluate how you feel.

• Posted

hi

Well I woke up this morning feeling quite groggy, and my head still really is quite sore to touch. I feel a bit out of it. but that could be my anxiety.

I am gonna see how I go on today

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.