Anxious all the time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well it started just over a week ago, I thought I had my anxiety under control, but I had been ill and wasn't eating properly. I had my first episode at work where I had no energy, my body was burning and my heart rate was through the roof. Needless to say I was sent home. I had another episode the following day, but began to perk up a bit at the weekend. My partner and I were in a minor collision that weekend and although I felt reasonably okay I just thought things would getback to normal. Well its a week later and I am anxious all the time, I've worked out what's causing it (lack of food, feeling sick everytime I eat and fear of having another episode) but I just can't seem to calm down. I've been signed off from work for the week and am trying to push myself to get back normal and it is working to an extent, I just can't seem to stop thinking about my heart rate and the burning. I'm debating whether to go to the doctors or whether to just wait it out. I am sorry for the rant its just a bit frustrating and I am curious as to whether anyone else has experienced anything similar and how they have overcome it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You seem to have had everything undercontrol then this illness occured and knocked everything...i'm on meds for my anxitey without it my heart feels like it would pop out of my chest among other things...not sure wether to see your dr? Have a word with your pharmist...see a nurse? Get your heartrate checked and your burning may be a due to your infection..don't mean to panic you may be part of anxity does sound like it...if i don't eat propaly even on med's i feel rotten with my anixty try and eat little and often substitute tea/coffee with cupasoup's i hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

Hi

I would go to docs, I didn't and left it 10 weeks, its now taking forever for the meds to kick in and I'm exhausted and fed up all the time… would really recommend getting help asap rather than trying to wait it out and making yourself feel worse

• Posted

Hi Carina,

Look don't delay get to see your doctor quick and he/she'll sort you out I hope.Have had similar symptoms myself and not at all pleasant and very disruptive,so get your skates on ans see your doctor ASAP.

All the best Malc

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies, I will make an appointment with my doctor on Monday. I think the main problem is I can't seem to take my mind off it which in turn makes the physical symptoms worse. I was on citalopram it was working until the episodes started so I will be going back to ask for something else
  • Posted

Cont: I was told to come off the citalopram but it hasn't made any difference so I will definitely be going back to the docs
  • Posted

Hi Carina,

Look i don't want to sound like a know-all but I've had anxiety/depression for a very long time and at times I had a 100 thoughts rushing through my brain,uncontrollable and have twice blacked out,god knows how many panic attacks and lots worse.

Taking your mind off it is difficult because it seizes your mind,just say to yourself,when the mind is reeling,yes it can be done,just say I ACCEPT YOU over and over,out loud or to yourself,in the streets or in the home,persist and you will start to get the better of it,it'll still be there but not in total control.

Find something to occupy your mind,a book,a crossword,a game,yoga and exercise outdoors,get the air in,it all helps.

And ask your doctor if he/she would prescribe Pregabilin,it has been good for me and many others,non-addictive and reasonably few side-effects,but stick to the dosage and don't drink alcohol with it.

Hope this helps

Thinking about you,good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.