Any Advice 🙄

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering bad health anxiety ... doc has prescribed me citalopram 20 mg but starting off on 10 mg ...have  rotten side effects which has made my health anxiety worse my mind is playing tricks is it the tablets ? is it something else ?  has this happened to anyone else ? 

0 likes, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been on them? I've never had any side effects other than the decrease in of my sex life. But I also take xanax which works great for my anxiety and it helps me sleep. I really hate to hear you're having problems. Restless leg is the WORST! They do sell restless leg tablets at Wal Mart. U let them dissolve under your tongue. They help a little. I would definitely talk to my doctor about your symptoms. Good luck. I hope you get better soon.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm so sorry. I know the feeling. I try to occupy my mind. Like with word puzzles or watch a movie on HBO, because my mind will go 90 to nothing during a commercial break. Try taking tylenol pm or advil pm to get you through tonight

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you ?? I knew this would happen as I had to take them years ago after I had my first child I thought I'd be positive and try and fight the horrible side effects but I'm struggling I try to eat even tho I have no appetite but when I do I get reflux .... can't afford to lose weight as I'm a skinny minny as it is

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I sure hope they go away soon. Take a toke off a joint. Lol. That'll give you your appetite back. Lol. I'm just kidding, unless you live in a state where it's legal. But seriusly, I would make an appointment with my doctor first thing Monday morning or if you have an urgent care facility near you. Ask your doctor about xanax, but get the lowest dosage and only take them as needed. The doctor will tell you to take them twice a day, but they are highly addictive. I really wish you the best of luck.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey there JustCurious. My pharmacist told me I couldn't take any Advil or Aleve when you take Cita. She said it would make my stomach bleed! Havent bothered to read jp on it so I'm wondering if this is a fact or is it crap!!!!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Annie. I am also on 10 mg Cit for health anxiety and have been taking it now for 6 months. I had same side effects as you when I started on them for a few weeks and when they kicked in my panic attacks eased but I still get setbacks and you are right, I imagine I have got all sorts wrong with me when that happens. The setbacks get fewer as time goes on but unfortunately they do still happen. Stick with it, it does get better. Health anxiety sucks !!!!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

awww thanks so much this is all a bit of a shock to me never suffered with anything like this before I feel like I'm going mad .... I can't get my head round the fact that this horrible thing can make me feel so ill ??

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

Bad side effects such as nausea and feeling rotten are common when first starting citalopram, or when increasing the dose. so don't be worried by it, if you do have concerns about your health see your GP.

Best wishes,

J

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up