Any advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

I suffer from night anxiety , I wake up from my sleep like I'm gasping for breath and in a full blown panic attac dose anyone else have this ? . Also before I settle down on an evening I feel like I have to take in deep breaths as it feels like I'm not getting enough oxygen , as well as swallowing all the time . I'm beginning to feel a little on my own with this as I don't no anyone who has this , any advice on what to do or what it is should be great

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Read this post; I mentioned what you're feeling on this.

emma69339 has commented on the discussion 'Pls pls help advice needed weird sensation when falling asleep '

Also is your breathing only affected at night? If so, it's anxiety. You think it will happen so it happens, you are getting enough oxygen.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have this at the moment also,I wake during the night in a mad panic and I don't know why

Mornings are my worst it's sometimes unbearable

I've started taking rescue remedy drops on a night and I have a drink and a banana next to my bed for when I wake to try keep my anxiety low xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I thought i was alone in suffering this, I wake up like i have been breathing through a cloth and have not got enough oxygen in my body. The painic kicks in shooting the HR sky high and causign me to gasp for breath. I have a finger pulse oxymeter by my bed and measured my sats, my blood oxygen levels had dropped to 95 an before the HR kicks in with panic it almost feels like it has stopped beating.

I suspect that its waking up during the deapest part of physical sleep an our active minds kick in really quickly and immediatly think the worse. I was checked for sleep apnea (which may be worth doing) and i have a slight apnea, which does not concern my consultant much at all and says that weight loss will help and possibile mouth guard but he really did not seem worried about any that.

there is another post almost the same as yours here https://patient.info/forums/discuss/waking-up-short-of-breath--480860?page=0&order=Oldest

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Marie!Anxiety isn't pleasant I know.OK Do you have a CD player? How about relaxation CDs? A warm milky drink of some sort.Lavender oil on your pillow & rescue night time remedy.! Hope this helps.I am into crystals.there are several crystals you can get to help with stress.And place them under your pillow. Have you tried Reflexology? It's also very good for stress.regards Amanda
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Melatonin....get it prescribed.

I used to have the night terrors as well...and don't anymore.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up