Any advice appreciated

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had stomach issues over 10yrs now, I've low level cancerous polyps removed twice,. After yrs of being told its IBS I've seen a new consultant who's never had a camera near me and is reluctant to do future colonoscapies as he says I've got DD, diviculatitis and divecticular bleeding.

I had been put on a FODMAP diet, dieticians suggestion however the consultant says this will not benefit me. That they is nothing he could prescribe for me and that if anything symptoms will only get worse.

Read other posts and I too have had the it's in your head diagnosis. Must be hallucinating too because that's defiantly blood that's in the toilet bowl and on the tissue.

Just a little confused as now nearly 4 weeks without a break from the pains/symptoms even with medication provided codine, buscapan alverine and fybrogel

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Time to become a nuisance I think and insist on something better than being fobbed off without some sort of examination. As you have had polyps removed in the past, and with blood in your poo I think you are justified in asking for a second opinion and to be taken seriously.
    • Posted

Been fobbed off since start, that was 10yr ago near 2 yrs to get full colonoscapies then removed 4-5 polyps 1 low level cells. 2nd another 4 removed third 2 removed 1 was low level again. Did request ct via gp, but appointment went to endoscopy? He asked what can he do. I said help me have better quality of life. That's when he gave his reply. Also said as high risks due to DD he'd be reluctant camera, but I was on 3yr cycle due to previous. Polyps? Which he said wouldn't be the case now?

Due to the DD? Lost the old man to Bowel cancer too. Do they just make it up as they go?

• Posted

Hi Ritchie, sorry to hear of your probelms, i agree Drs really don,t know anything regards to diets, i was just given a print out off the internet, you won,t go wrong in using this forum, everyone is so helpful and kind, this terrible D,D is awful disease, but remember whats good for one my not suit you,i can,t understand why they have,nt give you a ct scan , thats the normal, go to divi diners on google to get more help with diet hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

Thank you Maureen and Alexandra. First diet was given without a dietician, this was a print out from gp and told to give that a try. When all info on FODMAP state seek medical dietician advice. Will attempt ct again new GP's so may be better. Will relook at sheet given off consultant but after 3 attempts at FODMAP over 18mths them foods are in my head. Thank you again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.