any body have this while taking mirtazapine

Posted , 6 users are following.

hiya good people'

I am wondering if anybody out there in mirtazapine world had flu like systoms please major body ache ( feel like ive been 10 rounds with tyson)

general mood is full on growling at people, no sleep unless i dope myself up and very very bloated 

any help or advice will be very much appreciated 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been on mirtazapine? I've not come across these symptoms myself, but everyone's different in their response.
    • Posted

about 10 days i was on venfelaxin had knock those on the head it just feels like i have been run over by a truck all the time 
  • Posted

If you have only just started mirtazapine, it does knock you for six to begin with. But these feelings get better every day.
  • Posted

Hi, I have been on 15mg of mirt for just over five months , as well as many other side effects i have really bad bone and muscle pains throughout my body. It does feel flu like except it has not gone away. My gp wont change as ive tried other types and not suited . I am trying to put up with the mirt as they are a last resort but my side effects are awful. I was given them for anxiety and clinical depression, but the side effects cause more depression as i cannot function still. I am wondering whether this all does wear off eventually or to wean myself off them. I did not have all these pains before i went on them. Your not alone .
  • Posted

cheers for the replies guys I hope its a tempory thing i really do i will have to take each day as it comes 
  • Posted

Mmmmhhh.... I know that mirt has some side effects that feel like the flu (sore throat etc), but if the side effects are this bad, you should see your doctor and find an alternative to mirtazapine. There are plenty other AD's out there. 

How long have you taken Mirt? 

Because some of the side effects do go away after 1-2 weeks.

• Posted

hello mermaid, i ve just double checked tonight will be 10 days, my doctor is away for another week was going to try and get through 1 more week, Ive have experienced simaler side effects before with a and d meds and would hate to say i gave up early on them when they could help me, catch 22 i suspose 

• Posted

Hi Marko, I think that's a good idea. Give yourself a week and make an appointment for the day your doc is back. You can always cancel it, if you happen to feel better by then! smile
    • Posted

Hi marko. I am on 12 th day of mirt. So I keep feeling drowsy and light headed. Sleeps been mostly ok except last 2 nights of n on. I see doc this fri. Am like you don't want to change too quickly in case it starts to make a difference. Not keen if doc puts up to 30 mg. scared it makes me even drowsier thru day. Do u feel like " surges in your head " (only way can describe) ?.. Let's hope both of us feel difference soon smile
    • Posted

hiya Cath i am starting to feeling a little better however that could be a total change in food intake i have mainly been eating salad cereal and fruit just to stop feeling so bloated, anger is still there however it has relaxed a little still incredably tired and achey still having the surges in my head (a little noise with light i think ) kind of when you are really ill with the flu talking of flu i continue to have flu like symptoms with my sinuses feeling like a grenade has gone of at times ( i suspect that is down to the propanonol i take as well as a beta blocker) i have also managed to cut down on my coffee intake (which irratates me hugely as i enjoy my coffee) however if it means missing out then so be it. I have found music helps if I am feeling really down I put on songs that i remember happy times and that helps as does comedies, I stay clear of knewspapers and the news and if any of my mates are being a little narky I stay clear of them as well (only because i will say what I think and hurt their feelings) I will be giving my doctor a rocket though because if i had known these meds would have me the way I have felt I would not of started to take them, It has nearly damaged my relationship with my son as I was getting totally irratable with him just being in the same room as myself which is not me. I love my boy he is my world my doctor is going to know about this big time, if he tells me 1 more time a brisk walk will help i will brisk walk him lol I do so hope this has helped in some way keep your head up and have faith is all i can say cool
    • Posted

Hi Marco, I have the same side effects, sore bones and muscles, really bad anger, everyone is irritating me, extreme weight gain, spoke to doctor and I'm getting weaned off them, was on 30mg now on 15, seeing doctor on Wednesday so fingers crossed, hope u feel better😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.