Sulfasalazine Any good news?

Posted , 3 users are following.

If you've had success on this medicine please let me know, I have been on it about 3 weeks @ 1000 mg per day. I am managing it pretty well so far, after getting past the initial headaches. I am so hoping that this works for me and that I won't have to add drugs to the mix. If it's working for you let me hear your story please!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi was on 3000 mg for around 20 years worked great so well  dropped my dose to 2000mg  then stopped taking it on weekends too unfortunately last year developed stomach issues so no longer on it gutted feel it's one of the less toxic drugs and you can't drink on it ..plus had 2 kids on it too  👍🏻

• Posted

Sulfasalizine is working for me.  It took many months and my dr. upped my dose from two a day to 4.  My CRP went from 16 to 2 and my ESR from 48 to 20 while using it.  I have only been on it for  6 months at  4 per day and so far I would highly recommend it. I still have some pain but I can cope with it now.  I'd say I'm at 85% or so on this drug. Good luck and hope it works for you too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.