Any help on how to reduce this severe itching?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have posted in Lichen Sclerorusus group before weeks ago.  I was referred by a practising Dermatologist/GP to a Dermatologist  before seeing a Dermatologist 4 Drs suspected I had Lichen Sclerosus. She insists it’s vulval eczema although what she said doesn’t add up to what the signs were like when I first experienced this problem, I am still waiting for biopsy results (I had to insist this was done as I said I have too many different opinions) I currently have severe itching, severe swelling, bleeding sores and pulsating vagina. I am seen as over reacting I was over given thrush medication for years and canesten seems to cause allergic reactions, fluconazole isn’t helping I can’t see a GP. Everything is making this worse, I am using Dermovate currently and it helps marginally for a short time then get an episode like this. Antihistamines not of great use so not convinced it’s eczema because if it was I would expect some relief considering she believes it’s allergy related. I need to reduce the itching so I can reduce the swelling I can’t sit down properly this is ridiculous if GP won’t let me see them what else can I do? Tried coconut oil and all sorts its affected my mental health by 1000% to the point I am struggling to go out due to embarrassment I am severely tortured.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i was just recently diagnosed with LS. Currently using clobetasol.. it has relieved all my symptoms after two day of usage... feel better this sucks
  • Posted

I have LS as well, but I also have vulvodynia. Your biopsy will confirm your suspicions and you were smart to press to have that done. I initially was also prescribed clobetasol, but was later switched to Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment as my gyne said the first one was very strong and would thin the tissue of my vagina over time. I also found Emuaid which is an expensive homeopathic ointment which reduces pain, inflammation and infection. I started with the mildest one but now use the max. I apply it every single day or I’m in hell. If I have a flare, then I apply the TAO. You could also try an Epsom salt soak. Just keep your bits super clean. If you can’t see a GP can you ask a pharmacist about a product for right now to calm the inflammation? Or an anti itch cream that would be safe to use there? 

I feel your pain-no joke-and hope you find something to soothe your itchiness and inflammation soon. Let us know what your biopsy results are. It will get better! 

• Posted

Hi,

suffered from itchy condition in outer area of vagina and cured myself.

I thought maybe I had cancer. Dermatologist did biopsy and was negative. However, he diagnosed me with "atopic dermatitis" which would require a battery of tests given within a week. Live 2 hours away from Doc and did not want to travel that much.. As I had no cancer, I began to do serious analysis of my condition on my own. I found out it was a reaction to urine as a result of not carefully drying area well  and  also sometimes holding it for too long where some leakage was taking place. Cured myself in about 5 weeks!!

This is what I did:

Clean myself really well each time I urinated, bloated area with a weak solution of water and  white vinegar, (kept spray bottle with it near toilet) VINEGAR IS AN ACID, URINE CONTAINS AMMONIA- AN ALKALINE. THEY NEUTRALIZE EACH OTHER.. Dried self really well and then applied a silicone based liquid (hair gloss) to prevent itching due to rubbing from underwear. Desitin may be used instead. I like gloss since it is not as sticky. I changed my underwear twice daily and wore only cotton ones. When I showered, I used gentle soap for down there- Dove - worked for me. I also kept a bottle of diluted vinegar at my shower and used an applied before drying. Itchiness began to get better after 2 weeks and went away after 5 weeks .  I no longer apply gloss liquid anymore but I still follow with a squirt of of weak vinegar/water solution after wiping urine. Then I dry up. NO problem anymoresmile.  Do visit a dermatologist though to make sure it is not cancer or another serious condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.