Any help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been on sertraline 150 mg for about 3 months now and find im ridiculously tired all the time i have no energy is this normal?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi, sorry to hear this i am on 100 mg of setraline and yes find everything a struggle. its helping so much with my depression but then seems to back fire as you feel so tired. i have to work all day non stop get everything done and then when all jobs and chores down i can then stop and do go to bed very early. gut as i say once i am up and push mysellf i can carry on but it is hard.

maybe your doctor can lower your dosage and that might help. all the best x

• Posted

no worries i did forget to mention that in time you body will get use to the dosage and things will improve.

your definately not insane xx

• Posted

Hi Lolly . . . I'm not on that particular antidepressant but I am on another of the same class, which class are called SSRI's and I have a certain amount of fatigue from it, which I welcome however because this class of antidepressant is very soothing for a certain kind of person like myself.

I do not need the other class which is called SNRI's which would cause agitation in me, which I already have plenty of !

The depression and anxiety combination is most often treated with SSRI's and I personally find them very helpful in calming me down.

I am the type who suffers from excess nervous energy and thus the anxiety. Perhaps you are this type yourself, in which case you've been correctly prescribed.

• Posted

i have a 1 year old and find it a struggle daily to keep up with her and need so much sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.