Any Hyper or Grave's have problem with their gums bleeding or receeding?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Everytime i get to see my Dentist clean my teeth.  They always have a problem with my gums bleeding too much.  Even though i floss more than my husband I still get the you must floss more .  On another forum someone suggested garggling peroxyl.  Are we hyper/Graves have indirect deficiency on this? Bone loss of some sort?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I ask specifically for a particular dental hygienist at my Dentist's office because one time I got a different one and had the same problem as you.  The lady that I work well with, I have no problems like that ever.  So I do think that makes a difference and I told the dental office, she is the only one I will allow to clean my teeth.

• Posted

Hi

Yes, I've had exactly this problem. For me it turned out to be low levels of vitamin c and iron.

I started eating a small amount of lamb's liver every day, with high vitamin c vegetables (raw or lightly cooked)

The iron and vit c need eachother to aid proper absorption. This has now solved the problem, plus my tooth enamel is thicker.

• Posted

how did you get tested that you have low levels of iron and C?  Anymore Vit defficiences? 
    • Posted

Just a blood test. I was low on B12 too. Again, the liver and a varied diet have sorted this.

Also, things have improved for me since giving up dairy and cutting right back on seafood. That's quite common from what I've read.

• Posted

I am also low on iron and take supplements daily. U can ask your doc to test your ferritin level. I wonder if iron deficiency is a common symptom for hyper patients?
  • Posted

hmmm yes I also noticed gum issues but started rinsing a lot with water and I also rub coconut oil on my gums...everything seems to be helping...also gave up conventional toothpaste and use non flouride one from the health shop now...since I made the changes noticed less migraines and and in general better oral health......also having vit d 3 and calcium and collagen every night before bed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.