Any ideas???

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

As I don't work or I'm now no longer at school my days have nothing to be filled with that was fine before Christmas when it was easy to lye about and watch tv go out with friends till all hours of the morning and sit in the pub and have a few drinks and go visit my sister and other relatives but now since I've started having bad anxiety my days seem longer and I'm too nervous to do anything all I want to do is sit in the comfort of my bed but I know that if I do I'll find something to worry about and even sitting in my bed I'm anxious it just feels like I'm stuck doesn't matter what I do I still feel this way so any suggestions would be helpful as to what I can do to pass my day

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jenni ,

Set yourself some important goals which will lower your anxiety...heres a few:

- give up smoking ( see your pharmacist for free quit program with patches...nicotine replacement ) ...you see nicotine is a stimulating drug, yes even vaping and can cause anxiety.

- cut down or give up caffeine ( again a stimulant which can cause anxiety ).

- give up alcohol completely ( makes you feel depressed and lousy )

- take a light walk each day...light exercise is best for anxious people ( dont push too hard, if you have to breath through mouth, that is too far.

- use google calendar and put in events for each day of the week..even things like ' get toothpaste ' , get book at library ' , watch new movie....tick them off as you go, it makes you feel productive.

Oh and most of all, dont feel bad about being ill, ask for help, dont suffer in silence...everyone deserves compassion and support.

x

• Posted

I acc quit smoking as about 2 months now and also have stopped drinking neither really interest me anymore I don't drink much caffeine maybe have the odd can of Coke here and their but mainly I just drink water and juice and I've been starting to take short walks on the beach with my friends when they take their dogs out but that idea about planning little things to check off sounds like a good ode I'll give it a go thanks

• Posted

Take up quilting. I did. I love it. Sparks creativity, slows the mind down. There are tutorials on the net. You'll be amazed and amaze yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.