Any Ideas !!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I would like to know if anyone can help.

I started post menopausal bleeding six or seven weeks ago was sent for smear that came back normal then I was sent for vaginal ultrasound which said there was a polyp and they took a biopsy of the lining of the womb that came back normal cells. They then told me I couldn't get the polyp removed under local anaesthetic so the doctor got her junior doctor to take a biopsy which was horrendous as the young man couldn't get a large cut of the polyp ( oh God did he try to the point he was hurting me) so that biopsy couldn't get cells off it to small a sample.

I shall now get to my main point I have been told I can't get the polyp removed by General anaesthetic as my b.m.I. is to high in otherwards I am too fat and they can't take it out by local anaesthetic so what I want to know does anyone have any ideas ( the lovely Kerry whom I speak to on the forum suggested spinal block) what else I can get .

Your help with this query would be much obliged........ Heather

P.S. Can you live with polyp in there or is it best it's removed if only to stop the bleeding.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your polyp should reduce itself and mostly likely just disappear on its own, how long you been in meno? My daughter has them and she had a Ct Scan and I think an MRI and they said just leave them! Those scans can let them know, Plus isn't there a diet or some food that helps reduce their size now not sure on this one. I tell you after they started all those biopsies on me with hit and miss and then the other doctor gutting me like a gutted pig Thank God everything was okay, HOWEVER I never had diverticulitis until a month or so after all that punching internal whole through my uterus and who knows what I ended up with the worst diverticulitis infection and was on so many antibiotics and medicine and now I deal with diverticulitis on an ongoing base's and I am convinced its from all those long pole swords to take a huge bite out of my uterus not one time but on several different appointments ! My cervix wasn't even opened but trust me time they got thru I had an open window to it!

• Posted

What about the bleeding though. Yesterday I had what's can only describe as a period, you know the pain in the stomach legs sore at the top and pelvic pain with heavier bleeding today I have had next to no bleeding ( mustn't talk too soon you never know about tomorrow) at all.

This has been six weeks with only just over a week without bleeding in that time. By the way true about the way we are treated the young doctor was like a toddler trying to get a square block into a round hole (please excuse me for being so graphic) and failing over and over.

Thanks for replying ......Heather

• Posted

Heather, how old are you? I stopped bleeding for almost two years and thought I was meno when I actually wasn't even though it had been two years with no bleeding thats why I had to have all the test and blood work which showed I wasn't in meno like I thought after almost two years of NO periods, I ended up in ER thinking I was bleeding to death! I would go to ER or your doctor and have a ultra sound or ct scan just to check and see that all is okay except the pylop. Now I dont know why they blame your weight for not putting you under I mean I weighed about 260 pounds and they was going to put me under but I refused because I was scared of been put to sleep as my fear and panic condition stopped me. BUT I'm FAT and they didn't say anything about weight been a issue to do it in hospital and put me to sleep . Maybe see a different doictor.

• Posted

I am 56 and have been post menopausal for four years .

I don't know where you are but it is nearly five in the morning

and I cannot sleep. I want all this stuff worked out so I can finally

relax and enjoy life without worrying all the time ......Heather x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.