Any Ideas on my situation with BV?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there everyone I have been following this forum for a few weeks or so. I have had chronic BV for a year now. I have the terrible odor which is the worst part for me. I have tried perscription meds, Flagyl, Clindamycin, and tindimax pills. Have tried the vaginal creams but only the clindamyin cream. I have even started taking probiotics to see if it happens to help. I have been trying to get rid of this BV for 10 months now! I have even tried all these home remedies ive been researching over the last few months. My gynocologist and I ( which a different gyno I have this time) both are out of ideas. I asked her if this would go away ever and she said "I dont know". Its very frustrating. Also, about 5 years ago I had it for first time ever and confirmed it was BV( in which I had no idea what it was at the time). That gyno perscribed me to flagyl pill and after that course, It was gone and hadnt ever had symptoms after. Then a year ago the discharge and other symptoms came back n in all honesty, I almost knew in that first week of me having it this time, that it was BV. Because of that first episode with BV. how can 4 years later this come back and now wont go away?  I have taken Flagyl on n off throughout the last 10 months and no luck, have tried clindmycin pill and the cream and no luck. Have tried Flagyl profibactively (Not sure if thats how its spelled)..and no luck with that either. Then Ive been trying all these differnt home remedies that women swear by. And so far no luck. The odor is ususally the worst after sex but in last month it has been with or without sex it is just terrible at this point. And after every course of antibiotics in this 10 months, it will seem to go away but within a week, or week and half at the most, it is back. I recently even tried Tinidmax, and there was no luck there either. Does anyone have any information what I can do next? And is there a chance that ill live with this issue for rest of my life? I have so many questions and am willing to try anything that I havent done yet!! Ive tried home remedies : The garlic remedy, the yogurt, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, peroxide. There may be more im not thinking of right now. But I have so many unanswered questions that professionals dont have the answers for and alot that the internet isnt giving me. Plz Help!!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey ,

iv been trying acidophilus capsules in a douche for the last few days ,  i also take these orally and it seems to be helping me, i have suffered for many years and nothing else has worked for me ! so mabey give it a try 

Method:  acidophilus capsules 2 billion live cultures , 3-4 capsules emptied into douche , add luke warm sterile water (make sure its not too hot as it will kill the bacteria) shake to activate cultures douche and hold in for three to four minutes and do this till all of mixture is gone, try this for 2-3 nights before bed aswell as taking them orally daily!! 

Hope this might help you 

• Posted

Hello! thamnk u for the advice! i will defiantely try it! what is the worst symptom u had with it? its the fishy odor discharge that i cant handle. I believe there is so many different symptoms and every woman has a symptom that is worst then the others. I also have a bit of an itch at times but mosttly the discharge. Do u know if this will take it away for good or are we going to have to do this for a lifetime? thats another thing im afraid of. Also, Ive been taking acidophillus orally and a probiotic with 10 strains. for cpl weeks while i was on tindimax. tindimax didnt work but im still orally taking the probiotics and acidophillus. just the discharge is killing my lifestyle! thank u for the advice and i will try it and let u know!
    • Posted

My symptoms seem same as yours, the foul fishy smell, discharge & slight itching. Idk if it's a lifetime thing but the results were so fast I'm willing to continue the use. I tried everything u mentioned above and more. Now that I have a jump start on removing the smell I will decrease the amount of boric acid I take and incorporate other treatments daily like the probiotics, lemon water ( acid in body can cause BV and lemon helps with acid), yogurt, etc

• Posted

I know how u feel, I suffered for years until recently. I was able to get great results using boric acid suppositories. Recently did a post abt it..then odor went away overnight. I inserted every night for 11 days and still do not have the odor. I will now be doing 1-2 capsules a week to give body a break from boric acid. I made my own suppositories was super easy and not that expensive ( abt $30 for all supplies), but you can also buy them.

Only insert vaginally, Never take by mouth!

• Posted

Thanbk u! i have heard of that boric acid trick. I definately something i wanna try, seeing that it takes cement of cement trucks, ud think its powerful enough to kill the crap we have up our stuff lol. So, that being said i wanna try that homemade way. can u walk me thru the concacsion?(i think i spelled that wrong lol). it is also probably cheaper and does make alot of sense@! vaginally and definately not orally lol. Thank u so much for your insight im going to try ur methods! do u know if we have to do this forever or does this actually rid of it eventually, so we can go back to our normal lives? ive been suffering for a year and i k now if any of these home remedies do not work, im kinda SOL. But  hope that every woman that has this chronically has a remedy that actually has helped!  this is definately something im going to do! Like today or next cpl days!
    • Posted

Hahaha . I needed that laugh!! And yes I encourage you to try it. What can you lose . I am so happy abt my reaults. I ordered everything online ( different sites), but you get all 3 things from amazon. U will need size "00" gelatin capsules, a capsule machine ( to fill them- not required but definitely easier and less messy. Makes 24 capsules in 3 mins), and boric acid powder NF. Be sure to use gloves. U fill machine with empty capsules, pour powder into it, then close and BOOM, there are your own capaules. Store them in an empty bottle or zip lock bag. 😊😊😊 after you take them abt 5 days please keep me posted if it helped you. Pray you get immediate relief like I did

• Posted

ok..u know what u have absolutely helpful ad appreciate it. I have to get on trying that..i wanted to see my gyn before i started any real home remedy so that when she did her exam she would see again that the BV came back after the last round of antibiotics. So, that was today and she saw that it wasnt working, she told me to go ahead and try any home remedy  i have to and even said it may be awhile slowly but surely of these home remedies before its actually gone for good so im going to try that boric acid suppostories nowsmile ill def be checking back in with u to let u know how this works for me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.