Any ladies out there in their sixties?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am in my sixties with anxiety.  Anyone else my age suffering?

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

hi, Im 61 and going through a really bad patch at the moment.  I only joined the other day so dont know anyone here yet.  Am happy to hat if you want to smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

'hat?', I meant 'chat' wink
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i am also in my 60,s had anxiety 30yrs ago due to a traumatic experience . have had the odd times since but nothing much I have no idea why but have been really bad for the lasy couple of months 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi Marilyn, nice to meet you, maybe we should start an over 60s club on here smile  I  know whats causing the majority of anxiety and its my fault but not able to do anything about it sad
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

A whole array of symptoms - aches and pains, headaches, feeling cold, feeling hot, nausea, upset tum, panicky, trembling, acid reflux..................................

Am on fluoxetine and omeprazole (for acid reflux) at the moment, was also on propanalol but gp stopped those as I have had to start taking meds for high bp. 

How about you Lupingirl?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

my worst symptom is dizzyness and panic attacks i get usual pounding heart and i have insomnia and restless legs , very agitated and get very strange lightheadedness which is differant from my dizzyness. also walking feel very unsteady as if floor moving underneath me .i avoid going out now . i am not on meds but my Dr has referred me for some counselling when ever that will be . how about you how long have you been feeing unwell and have you had any meds or counselling 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It certainly is a nightmare isnt it neutral
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My depression started over 30 years ago and the anxiety has been on and off for years now.  Am doing CBT at the moment, its brought up a lot of things which I didnt even know were there in my memories so is very hard but Im hoping it will be worth it in the end.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

at the other end of the spectrum darlin im 22 and im completely consumed by anxiety. youre not alone . im not a lady ima dude but still youre not alone !
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up