any one wanted to be sectioned

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

hi, i have been on many meds over 14 years on and off and am now weaning off cit and taking diazapam for now until i start my new mirtazapne 15mg. what is it really like? feel lonely and no one understands all you get is pull yourself together! i feel like i would love to be sectioned just to get away from everyone and make myself better as i hate my family seeing me like this especially kids. Y ou feel like you try to put on a fake you for them and this makes it twice as hard and its not me i am dying inside anyone else feel like this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi There,

Theres a saying that goes \"THOSE WHO REALLY LOVE YOU SEE THE REAL PAIN IN YOUR EYES, THE REST JUST SEE A FAKE SMILE\".

i ASKED TO BE ADMITTED A FEW WEEKS BACK, AND WAS TOLD IT WAS UNESSARY, THEY WILL ONLY SECTION YOU IF THEY THINK YOUR GOING TO HURT YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE.

i AM NOT ON MIRT NOW ,BUT HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST, MY FEELINGS ARE LIKE YOURS, I JUST WANTED TO GO TO BED AND SEE NO-ONE, SLEEP WITH THE HOPE THAT WHEN I WOKE ALL THE BAD FEELINGS WOULD BE GONE.

I FEEL FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN TO COPE WITH, MINE ARE ALL GROWN UP AND LEFT HOME. BUT SOMETIME THERE VISITS TAKE MY MIND OFF ME AND I DONT FEEL SO BAD WHEN THEY ARE HERE, SO I CANNOT WIN.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your input, have you or anyone been referred to mental health as that is the next step and not sure what to make of it? Does it go on your records? Been given diazepam as a stop gap until I take mirt only taken seven tablets but they are doing nothing . Just feel like taking mirt straight away without weaning of of the cit. You tried to be sectioned but they refused how did that make you feel? I feel and think about doing things to myself but not to end it but more for attention to get help as I could not put my family through anything like that as my son and husband have very severe health problems thanks for reading and replying to anyone take care out there everyone x
  • Posted

hang in there you will get there! i know what you are saying i have been there i was refered to the hospital by my therapist and they closed the door in my face!! it felt like hell but i dug in there and came out the other end but has left me scared to ask for help evr again.....i have been on mirt for about 3-4 weeks now and starting to feel it might be helping. i am on 30mg started on 15mg.......
  • Posted

sounds like my words from someone elses mouth youre not alone im the same and understand the sectioning. after refusal to be sectioned went putside hospital and sat in mainstream traffic wanting to die.Luckyy 4 me i stilll here its very difficult when medication 4 depression can cause suicdal tendencies

. mabey switch to amiltriptiline but careful with dose.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up