Any suggestions for curbing a sweet tooth?

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I can't resist something sweet from about 3.30pm onwards. So far I haven't been able to substitute my usual biscuit/cake or chocolate for anything else more healthy and low fat. Has anybody any suggestions for weaning myself off my sugar/carb afternoon fix? My will power is abismally weak at the moment.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i too have a sweet tooth and what i do is opt for low fat options and aim for things i dont like a lot so that i'll be satisfied with little instead of consuming the whole packet - i.e. jaffa cakes (1g fat per cake) or marshmellows (fat free), jelly is a good option too if you make up small tubs of it and you can add fruit to it
  • Posted

in other news i went to sainsburys last night where they had ben & jerrys ice cream on buy 1 get 1 free - i love ben and jerrys half baked and considered getting it but looked at the fat content per tub and its 110g fat!!!!!! soon put it back down as much as i love it!
  • Posted

Thanks Sparkles

The jelly idea might be worth a try as I could have some pots ready made in the fridge when the 'munchies' attack comes but I think if I had jaffa cakes I would not be able to eat only one.

What would really help me more than anything is getting out more - I keep my eye out for ads in the local paper for part -time jobs which I could fit in with my family responsibilities but there seems precious little at the moment. It's the same everywhere at the moment. C'est la vie!

Thanks anyway

Buddhabelly x

• Posted

also have you tried weight watchers deserts? they do a range of them in the frozen section which are mostly in the 3g fat region, i have 1 most days for pudding and its easily encorporated into my fat/cal intake.

if you're struggling to find part time work could you do some voluntary work in an area of interest in the mean time? it will keep you busy, will allow you flexability around your family commitments and it will look good to future employers smile

• Posted

Well, Sparkles has mentioned many good things...my particular way of coping with that want of a sweet is to take Muller Light Fat Free Yoghurt - Vanilla with Chocolate sprinkles...yummy....just a couple of teaspoons satisfies me....and I like dried fruit so even 1 date seems to satisfy the sweet tooth thing. Evenings are hard, aren't they....I have got to like even half an apple or orange or a few grapes for snacking as well.
  • Posted

Hi,

I keep a bunch of grapes in the fridge, sweet and seedless...everytime I feel a munch attack i have 6-8 grapes and the sweetness seems to satisy my urge!!

When you feel like a snack drink water or read a book or clean something! anything to take your mind off food...plus if you clean you lose calories! smile

Keep going...you CAN do it,

Julie

• Posted

I'm quite partial to a Pink'n'White wafer when the sweet craving attacks, they are about 50cals and 0.5 grams of fat I think. smile
  • Posted

Fruit seems to work for me. smile 6lb off so far...hopefully I will have half a stone off by the weekend (I'll be 2 weeks on the tabs then)

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up