Any suggestions on HRT?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had a subtotal hysterectomy when I was 34 and was left with one ovary and my cervix. I am now 46 and have been suffering for the past 3 years with horrible symptoms that I finally know are menopause. The Doctor put me on vitamin D 10000 iu every week and 4 pumps of Estrogel 0.06%. I started at 2 pumps a day and now am at 4 pumps because the 2 didn't help. I am scared nothing will help. I also started taking vitamin b6 everyday. Can anyone reccomend something that will work? I know everyone is different but any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 like, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Sorry we are being silly and not helping you! I'd recommend super strength sage, magnesium, passionflower and a womens multivitamin. Hope you find something to help you soon x

• Posted

Biotin is good for helping to keep your hair healthy.
    • Posted

Yes, i started biotin about 3mths ago on the recommendation of a lady called deidra (spelling???) on here, as my energy levels/alertness were zapped due to a combo of chronic bowel illness & peri.  I mainly started them as she said they helped with thinning hair/hair loss & boosted energy levels, & they helped both her & her 83yr old mum!! i also got my mum on them around the same time as she has moderate hairloss which gets her down terribly. she has noticed more fullness in her hair but no new hair yet where her baldness is. i have a bit of thinning above my temples & i have really thick curly hair so i noticed it. my hair is more lustrous/healthy despit my chronic illness, & the thinning around my top of temples looks fuller & significantly less obvious against the rest of my hair. my nails are stronger too.  i have found i have more awakeness/alertness  too compared to before i took them.   me & mum both started on 1200mg day for 2mths, & are now on 2000mg day which is a good moderate dose we split into 2 divided doses am & pm = 200mg total. Its a supplement i would definately recommend trying as it does seem to make a bit of difference.  x

• Posted

That's amazing that you say that! Mine has too, at the back of my head, nape of my neck. I'm thinking I'm intolerant to something I'm taking. It's happened before with iron tablets. So I'm trying to cut down the dose of sage and trial and error with each supplement to see which caused the itching.

• Posted

Thanks Colleen. That is so interesting. I must investigate furtherĀ 
  • Posted

How long have you been doing 4 pumps of Estrogel? It can take some time for your levels to build up. And HRT can take a bit of trial and error to find the right one and the right dose.

I was on a patch and was miserable for well over a year. I then realized that I probably wasn't getting a consistent enough level of estrogen. Once I found something that worked better, all my symptoms improved including SEVERE depression.

• Posted

I just started the 4 pumps a couple weeks ago. I am glad to know that you found relief so there is hope for me.

Thank you for your reply

A

• Posted

Not really hoping they will kick in soon. I also started taking a multivitamin and a vitamin b6 to from what I have read on other posts, I hope it helps. Let me know how your meds work when you start them 🙂

• Posted

Women have it bad. I just want to be my old self, but it seems when we reach menopause, and post, our lives will never be the same. I thought menopause was supposed to be good. I'm hopeless because Peri has been debilitating, menopause isn't much better and read stories from post menopausal women and they still have symtoms! Will this ever end???

• Posted

I have the same question! I agree that this menapause has really turned my life upside-down! ! I have these symptoms for 5 months feels like it's been 5yrs!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.