Any suggestions on this??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Last year in March I started having severe perimenopause symptoms. It started with my digestion, bloating, constipation, unable to eat, etc.

I had an colonoscopy done later that month, 3/31 to be exact. My dr. said that i had gastritis, gerd, and hiatal hernia and my colon was a bit twisted which made the procedure longer than normal. She had to untwist it. Though my stomach felt as if it was really heavy on my right side. It was very uncomfortable to sleep on this side. Any loo, the very next day when i woke up all my symptoms were gone, and i got my period also. Dont know if symptoms left because of period or because of the procedure that was done.

It was ok briefly and symptoms returned after period. Later in June had a cat scan done and was told that my intestine was impacted and leaning to the side.

Now, lately ive been having lots of bloating, stomach is full of gas ( doctor said this week) , bowels move not too great. But, im wondering if my digestion issues are contributing to these ongoing symptoms or could this just be perimenopause or both??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary, well, yes, digestion issues go with peri. But sounds like you’ve got something else going on with your intestines. I think you should talk to the gastro.  Impaction isn’t something to fool around with. 

• Posted

Suzanne my last visit to Gi was in Dec. and he only felt my stomach and said i was constipated but i told him i am using it everyday. He said you can still be constipated but it could be high up in there. He gave me a prescription for constipation but i saw no improvement only a side effect of weigh loss. So i stopped taking it. I go regularly daily but it seems like i still want to use it sometimes afterward. My gi dr. said it was IBS, my hormone doctor this week said it may be SIBO and he thinks it all has to do with my adrenals.🤔

Correction, looking at my ct scan report it says large amount of feces seen throughout colon. Dont know if its the same as impactated?

• Posted

Hi Mary 

I still have my periods, Perimenopausal and I can guarantee when I get my periods those 5 days are the best I feel , no stomach upset, dizziness, detached feeling or vision disturbance and the worst anxiety

Yes think it’s all related 

💕

• Posted

Clare1971 do you have problems with bloating? This problem here seem to be recent. I had it in the beginning because of gastritis but got it under control. Now, its back and doesnt seem to want to leave, my stomach looks so big. I just had a period and it just left Monday but it feels like it wants to return.
    • Posted

I did have upset tummy ,burning , empty feeling in tummy , have been taking golden paste which is a tumeric mix you can google it , this helps inflammation and fingers crossed seems to be working 

Clare 💕

• Posted

Hi Clare... I've so the same with the burning empty tummy... A very strange sensation... It comes and goes but brings with it wind too... Like you on the tuneric and other vitamins that has helped.. Thx for sharing.. Who'd of known we'd feel this way eh? No one prepares you for it.. .. CK😏

• Posted

Hi. Mary.. I developed ibs throught the change.. Awful wind with d stomach issues...id a scope down my tummy and all was fine but I suffer with some constipation at times..alot is hormonal and I'd say its not helping you right now... But mine has settled.. I take a pro biotic which helps.. I Drink plenty of water and get good exercise.. Stress does not help but thank god im much better.. Maybe your body is readjusting from surgery as well as trying to balance the hormones... And what I noticed was the more I focused on my bowel or worried about it... I got awful anxiousabout it so just tried to focus on one day at a time... Hope this helps.. CK

• Posted

Have you ever had your stomach acid levels tested? Maybe you are low and dont digust foods well. You can get acid reflux from low stomach acids. Have you had any testing for vit B12 and folate? Do you take digestive enzymes to help with digestion?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.