Any tips for anxiety/Panic and Really Warm weather

Posted , 3 users are following.

I live in scotland, so all year round it's mainly crap, but during the summer we do get high temperatures that can reach up to 15 to maybe possible 25 or more, most summers, ave ended up in the ER, due to panic/anxiety because of the heat making feel like, I can;t breathe and other symtoms, I don't wanna end up down this road again it turns into a horrible circle.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi unfortunately it is quite normal. Weather change affects our bodies and triggers our anxiety more. Happens to me every year sadly. Hang in there. ..
  • Posted

Even after successful therapy and over 7 years symptom-free I STILL get panicky in the heat of the summer. Noone is comfortable in the heat and those of us prone to anxiety always feel the discomfort more. Sips of cool water, wetting the head, scalp and neck frequently and staying in shaded areas or airconditioned facilities during the hottest hours of the day help. Frequent showers and anything that helps keep you calm.Chamomile tea helps me a little. Ice tea too. A salty snack to help you rebalance all the salts lost through sweat may help when feeling dizzy or light-headed. I live in the mediterranean and temperatures go way higher than this with humidity levels making it almost impossible to breathe. At least your summers in Scotland won't last 5 months like here smile Wishing you an easy summer! I also hope you are sleeping a little better now?
    • Posted

Unlucky yes the summers here don't last as long as that and th head isn't to crazy thanks for the tips man be dreadign it for weeks now hoping to get through this without going to the ER again like an idiot and yes I manage to get a few hours sleep now compared what I was getting before glad that nightmare is over just another one too go now smile
    • Posted

So happy to hear. I don't know you but hearing about your sleepless nights and knowing what a mess lack of sleep can make I really felt bad for you. My husband has recently been sleepless for about 3 weeks due to severe illness and your story crossed my mind a few times. And don't worry about going to the ER. We have all done it several rounds of times over smile Don't worry about the heat. Just remember that you survived before and will make it again. Wishing you all the very best! 
    • Posted

Thanks a lot and being at the ER is last thing, I want going to ask the Dr today for possible Diazipalm or somethign simular might say no like usually will see since it may be a great help during this heat.  Sorry to hear about your husband hope he gets better soon wishing the best of luck as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.