Any tips to stop an upcoming attack?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having a very bad week, and I have to go to school tomorrow. I need some tips so I can cope when I feel an attack coming on. I would prefer not spending the whole day in the evil nurse's office once again. Thank you smile 

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't think you can stop them coming on but you can try and fight through them there are techniques and ways to help you get through the attack and when you know you can get through them the attacks should become less frequent and easier to cope with. Deep breathe you'll be ok don't worry!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice, I just got on Luvox about a week ago and the side effects have been causing some panic attacks. I keep telling myself I will be ok and it will be all worth it in the end smile
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Try looking up abdominal breathing on YouTube may help. If possible maybe a bit of exercise before school. Main thing is not to be afraid of panic. It feels uncomfortable but it can't hurt you.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

look up deepbreathing.  Inhale deeply through your nose, feel with your hand if you are making your belly rise.  Then exhale slowly through your mouth, making a wissing sound with your tongue.  Do that a couple times and see how you feel. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up