Any top tips for getting anti depressant on monthly repeat?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, Seeing psychiatrist next week and its really important to me to get my meds back to monthly because I feel so ashamed about them being on weekly that I end up not taking them or taking a different amount (I have a fair few from when I wasnt taking them when I should!) Any tips? I'm not so good at lying and I've tried the "If you want me to take them then put them on monthly repeat" but he is having none of it and just repeats that it would be foolish for him to put them back onto monthly. Hate seeing him and it just ends up with me being told off for not taking prescribed medication, and that is their answer to everything and so all my own fault that I am as I am! But others must have got their meds back to monthly so how did you do it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Maybe go to a different psychiatrist? You really shouldn't be seeing someone you hate, definately not that often.

I actually get a 3 month supply. I told them it was working and that was the end of that discussion.

Have they given you a specific reason why they won't give you a monthly supply?

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I don't hate the psychiatrist I just hate seeing anyone about all this. When i saw the psychologist id just had a filling at dentist and said i would rather be back at dentist, she wasnt too impressed! Psychiatrist seems kind and caring so I wouldn't want to change. Won't give me monthly meds because im a risk and cant just say the meds are working because they aren't! I've no idea why I'm still taking them really.

• Posted

What about different kinds of medication? A higher dosage maybe? I get it if they won't do monthly if you haven't found one that works. (I have to admit that I don't think mine are working either)

Also, if you're not taking them consistently, they won't have the same effect.

And maybe it might just not be for you. If you don't want to take them, just don't!

It doesn't work for everybody.

As long as you have other ways of dealing with depression, you should be fine.

You're obviously already putting in a lot of effort.

• Posted

Thanks and maybe you need med review too! That's the fab thing about forums, you try to help others and sometimes help yourself in the process.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.