Any Wegener's Granul sufferers in Central Region of Scotland

Posted , 10 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I am making a tentative enquiry to find out if there are any support groups for this illness operating in central Scotland

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The Lauren Currie Twilight Foundation provides vasculitis support groups in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen in addition to online support groups.  The next group is on 30th May 2015 at the Glasgow Thistle Hotel from 1pm.  Check out the website for more details at The Lauren Currie Twilight Foundation.
  • Posted

Hi i live centrel scotland was wondering who is treating you. I seem to be getting passed around
  • Posted

I was treated at Glasgow royal at the onset of my probs Dr Max Field who I believe is retired now they didn't do me any favours as it was early days for Wg in 1995 steroids and immuno- suppressives only then came along with cyclophosphamide too late so now all kinds of probs all these yrs later  trachea stenosis 6 ops and counting treatment at Addenbrookes in Cambridge  constant nasal probs breathlessness worse with TS blocked tear ducts , pains in feet hands fingers, gum disease as natural defences lowered by meds causing lack of saliva , scleritis, kidney vasculitis, throw in 2 heart attacks and guess what I'm still hear if I can survive you can too lol

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up