Anybody any idea?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Why after 6 months I am getting side effects again? Dry mouth, a bit dizzy and a few unwelcome thoughts?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue,maybe your body getting to used to the dose?  I know when I try stopping cits I get dizzyness.
    • Posted

I have been on this dose for 6 weeks, reducing from 20 and planned to stay on 15 for a good few months or even years if this was the correct dose, was doing well, side effects gone, morning anxiety gone, life back but since Sunday it all seems to be returning
  • Posted

are they as bad as first time around
    • Posted

No John not as bad as first time round but still uncomfortable and unwanted
  • Posted

It's a blip. Honestly, even when doing well on an antidepressant, I still experience blips.

When NOT on anti ds, we have normal ups and downs, and that's going to remain the same, medicated.

It doesn't mean you're going back to where you started, but it may mean you need to reach out a bit more whilst the blip is happening. Do you have any counselling or therapy?

Did anything possibly trigger more anxiety?

• Posted

I have done cbt and although I know it works for loads of people I could never get my head round it although I did stop panic attacks with mindfulness.

I hope it is a blip, it has been getting progressively worse since Sunday. I even had to take a diazepam this morning and have just woke up from a 3 hour sleep. Any idea how long blips are meant to last?

• Posted

Give it a week or maybe a couple.

I see you've mentioned above that you've been on a reduced dose for 6 weeks? I think you're saying you've been on 15mg for 6 weeks? In which case, I think it's withdrawal symptoms. Mine are often a bit delayed on reduction.

Has anything else changed eg have you taken other medication or had a course of antibiotics?

Honestly, I think it's withdrawal. I reckon it will right itself. Are you able to treat yourself to some nice self care such as a massage? Or something like an acupuncture session or two?

• Posted

Hi again Sue, yeh Im thinking the same as Ruth withdrawals,  you mentioned mindfullness, I also practise this with great effect,especially with the destressing & not shouting at the kids. !

• Posted

Thank you both for replying. The only reason I started withdrawal from 20 was because I became very ill, even being sent to a and e by my doctor for serotonin syndrome, which it wasn't, had been in 20 for 6 weeks, building up from 10 @ 4 weeks, then 15 @ 6 weeks then 20, thought being so ill might have been too much for me and went back down to 15, turns out it was kidney stones making me ill! But progress nicely on 15 so stayed there until this week's side ball. Have felt quite low this week as well, close to tears on a few occasions for no reason what so ever. No Ruth I am not on any other meds apart from the odd paracetamol and today's diazepam which I haven't taken for months.

• Posted

Hi  Sue, 

Ruth hit on the nail. We have our blips with our ups and downs. I’m on 10 mg for 6 months and feeling great. Yesterday I had anxiety and dry mouth and today a little. We are humans with emotions. 😇😇

• Posted

Thanks Will. You are all so right. I thought it might be a blip but as the days have gone on and it got worse, well you know what it is like we always think the worse. Coming on here is always a reassurance though to read people's experiences and to know you are not alone or going insane. I am glad you are still doing so well, even with your set backs.

• Posted

Yes, and it's all to easy to wind ourselves up about the blips when they happen. And thus make them feel worse. I bet it'll pass in a few days. You're definitely not going insane, just roll with it and you'll be good again before you know it.

• Posted

Hi Sue, I agree with Ruth you get a blip which makes you feel anxious and the worry increases the anxiety and  you feel worse.  The way I get my head around the anxiety side effects is to think of them as physical feelings which will pass and they do pass, easier said than done I know but worth a try.
  • Posted

How you doing today Sue?
    • Posted

Morning Ruth. Well this week has certainly been a roller coaster. After Wednesdays mini melt down I had a calm Thursday morning and a sad low no motivation afternoon / evening. Yesterday I managed to stay at work for a whole hour and half! Before I had to give in to the uncomfortable anxiety feelings and go home, work place and colleagues are very good about it. Gave myself a headache thinking what to do for the best, stick with the 15 and see if it settles or increase back up to 20. This morning is not too bad so far, morning anxiety is back when waking, which is annoying because that had gone away. How are you doing?
    • Posted

What a roller coaster indeed. Hopefully it will settle over the next week.

Yesterday, was reflecting on the fact that I had a pretty good week at 10mg.

This morning I have been really tearful, sore stomach, feeling a bit like I have a cold.... But am pretty sure these are side effects. They never seem to kick in until 2nd week for me, so am kind of preparing myself for wet weather. Uch.

However, even tho a bit lower today, I definitely have more energy to get things done, so I do feel as if I'm heading the right way. Darned side effects!

• Posted

Oh Ruth sorry to hear you are feeling a bit low, apart from the sore stomach I get the feeling like getting a cold / flu and feeling low and tearful so it is def a side effect. We both just to hold on to the fact that because we are having highs and lows that the meds must be working because if they weren't we would feel sh***y all the time. If I could practice what I preach! 🤔😊 be kind to yourself today and know you will get better. On a more practical note I have been on line and brought some low brow books, nothing too taxing the sort of thing you might read on your hols and just brought a puzzle book, for distraction. Husband is a great puzzle doer (is there such a word) but I haven't got the patience, my puzzle making would consist of a hammer and a pair of scissors to make things fit. I was advised by one of the ladies at work who has been through this that if you can take up a hobby it does sometimes help not sure I am ready for sky diving or goat herded just yet though so puzzle books will do for now. Is there anything you do / want to do as a distraction?

• Posted

Yes, it's been an emotional kind of day, but just taking it easy.

Distraction wise, I think I'm gonna sign up to Netflix tonight and watch a nice movie 😊

That's actually what I fancy.

😂😂 Oh my god the hammer/puzzle thing made meaugh. If anyone presented me with a puzzle right now, it'd be straight outta the window.

I am planning on doing a bit of drawing/ painting tomorrow too.

Even though I'm wobbling today, I do feel a lot better than when I went through a low on 7.5mg.

This seems to be the pattern for me. Feel improved for the first week, then wobble around for a week, brain catching up with the increase, then slowly the meds work. It's a long haul.

• Posted

Morning Ruth, how you feeling? Did you find a something on Netflix to watch? Painting and drawing is a lovely skill to have and I should imagine very relaxing. I had a good day from about mid day onwards yesterday but the anxiety was back this morning which in turn makes me feel a bit rubbish but hopefully as the day progresses it will get better, I have an appointment with the doc on the 14th so have decided to try and stay on 15mgs till then and see where we are. Enjoy your day as best as you can
    • Posted

Ditto re anxiety this morning, just been for a run.

I have a bit of an upset stomach yesterday and this morning. Definitely the increase is starting to kick in now. Just keep reminding myself that by Christmas, am gonna be saying 'thank god that phase went'. I also have random narky thoughts about people.... strange, isn't it, all these different things? Mind you, I sometimes have random irritable thoughts about people anyway... Does seem a bit extra random at the moment, though.

Think it's a good idea to stay put on 15 and wait to settle. It is a bit rubbish waking with anxiety, I know what you mean. It's hard not to start churning the thoughts around then. I'm getting up at 6am every day.... I always do in term time, have been doing so in the holidays also. I find if I can get up, then it occupies my mind a bit better.

You're gonna laugh when I tell you what I watched on Netflix. It was called Afflicted, and was about people with seemingly incurable conditions 😂😅 It was probably not the best choice of thing to watch, I realised halfway through episode two, although am hoping that as episodes go on, people are cured.

Might find a good comedy today instead 😁

Likewise, enjoy your day, the good bits, and tolerate the not so good bits, if they happen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.