Anybody awake?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I can't sleep. Its 445am and I woke up around 4 to use the bathroom.. Ever since the doctor yesterday my heart has been racing. I cant get it to calm down no matter what i do.. I woke up and it starts racing again.. I hope the new meds work tomorrow because I cant do this anymore.. The constant worry is just way too much to have to handle on a daily basis. Its gotten to the point where I go into a complete panic if I'm on my own.. Does anyone else have high resting heartrates when you're anxious? Mine will be 120 but then slowly go back down to the 80 or 90s.. Which even that is high because a month ago I was in the high 70s or low 80s. What changed?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes my heart rate is always high..90 to a 100. Especially when im trying. to lay down I can just feel it pounding away.. Then it just feels like I never rested and I'm always so tired...I could lay in bed forever but I work nights so its a struggle..I try not to think about it. But believe me your not alone most everyone on here goes through the same thing...

• Posted

Yes that's me!!!

On Monday night I went to see my doctor and was fine, I got home and half an hr later my heart started thudding. It went on for hours. I didn't feel anxious and had no other symptoms apart from my heart, the longer it went on the more anxious I got.

I couldn't slow it down.

In the end I went to bed and managed to fall asleep.

When I wake up in the mornings I'm so aware of my heart too. Since this recent flair up of my anxiety I can't seem to get to grips with any of it. The meds are taking a while to settle in aswell.

Ur symptoms do sound very familiar though if that's any comfort to u xxx

• Posted

I can't remember the last time my was pulse was below 100. It always runs between 100-130. On most days my norm is around 115. I try taking a clonazapam or Xanax but rarely do they help me anymore. I am also aware of when my pulse is high. Of course at the doctors office it runs around 85. Makes a total liar out of me. ;(

• Posted

Anxiety changed. your heart rate concern is one of the most common things that happen with anxiety. I don't even pay attention to it anymore. It is just what it is. I am a bit surprised that with all your posts and answers you have not noticed how common this is.

If you take a couple of hours to scroll and read other discussions in this forum you will see how common this is. You are a unique being, but none of your symptoms are, sweetie.

• Posted

Wait a minute you just gave bloodwork to check your thyroid and will be having a holter monitor soon right? Your stressful day clearly got yo you.
  • Posted

Yes, the days of seeing high HR and getting the news of holter and stuff has definitely got to me.. Even though I know how common it is for anxiety, I'm still terrified.. I just want to hear "its definitely all anxiety" which I'll hopefully be able to hear after these tests.. Its more like the thought of something being not related to anxiety petrified me

• Posted

Yes but the thyroid issue you will know when he bloodtests return and cia has that happening to her and i think has or can go thru that with you. At least you see its fixable, manageable and not horrible. Right?  The holter monitor will speak for itself but most everyone gets that done at some point.panic attacks spike everything. Its an extreme heightened state. This silly world we live has even brainwashed all of us to believe an anxiety is whateves. An anxiety disorder sucks my friend. You know that and we all know that. Everything scares us on some level. You need to learn mindful breathing so badly. You will have the "physcial" part of this all answered soon enough. I know you are feeling too well, i think most  do. Its really hard and so unfair and overwhelming at  times. It is. Hang in there and  honestly know if it was anything off the wall the doctor would not have sent you home.i have sat in a doctors office and felt like i was on deaths door, racing everything, lost a lot of weight, head spinning i felt i was dying really ( even had a bag all packed in case i was sent to the hospital lol) and the doctor examined me, yes bp and hr was spiked he ran a ton of tests.. But he was calm and was even chomping his lunch whilst he discussed my status.. haha. Here i am thinking im dying and he is eating a damn salad. Lmao hes actually a very kind person and very bright..and hungry haha but i was clearly in a state of panic. Im sure looking at me he didnt even know it .you cant see it.  So anyway point is they do know who is in danger and they dont or wouldnt send you hiome if you were in danger so keep that in mind to comfort you. P.s i was sent there for another condition by a different doctor and they just wanted to rule out it was related to anything with my heart. 

• Posted

Sorry abt the spelling this tends to be sent to outerspace if i go back to much to fix spelling errors. 
    • Posted

Sorry about the spelling
    • Posted

Lol thank you this has calmed me a bit. I love funny doctors lol. I'm going to take my buspar now and hopefully it helps a bit

• Posted

Oh it suks so bad. You are in a constant state of angst, which is making your heart be in a constant state of angst. Terrible. I so hope the meds kick in. For me I noticed a difference in less then 2 weeks. When we do finally ask for help, we are at our point. Rooting for you!!!
    • Posted

I took my first pill this morning So hopefully it works sooner than later.. I went to the appointment and the echo and holter are done and on, the woman asked me if I had any other tests done and i told her the laundry list I have of tests that have been fine. She said since those were all done, she's assuming as long as the echo comes back normal, that we can chalk it all up to anxiety.. Now I just have to get the blood work done for thyroid and it'll just be a waiting game until wednesday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.