Anybody else?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Anybody else ever feel that your anxiety is going to make the rest of your life miserable? Sometimes I find myself actually enjoying life and then I remember my anxiety and I get depressed because I feel like my happiness will be short lived.

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

I feel like I can never see a way through it at times. Then I remind myself that I must take little baby steps and handle each day as it comes.x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Myrissasauras, 

for or most of us our mental health issues are with us for life, had mine 30 years can't see them going anywhere for another 30 so I'm trying everything I can to get to a level place (I'm most likely bipolar but they ain't decided yet)  everyday like you I think, is today gonna be one of 'them' days but I don't let it get me, I'm just coming out of a real dark period right now so I am sharp to changes in emotion and feelings, and that is the key to controlling mental illness. Learn to spot your triggers and have your countermeasures in place. Sounds like you may have a bit of self punishment to work through, when your happy says "hey lady you know this ain't gonna last don't you?" Well when that thought comes, you need to have a reflex action kick in, kinda like " hey missy was that negativity I just heard well, that's an extra 10 press ups, five minutes exercise" or what ever you do to motivate yourself. So it's not about beating it, it's about controlling it, better you accept and control than worry about how you will cope.

hope this makes sense only had one coffee so far, keep in touch

David

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I often feel like this. Ive had 2 near mental breakdowns without despite not really having any major stresses in my life - no kids, no wedding to plan, no deaths or major illnesses in the family! All these things are to come and I just think how the hell am I going to cope with any of these things if I can't even get through everyday life without having a meltdown!!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

That is definitely a common side effect of anxiety but as David said, it's about knowing your triggers, dealing with them and getting on with your day. I tell my anxiety that it can stay and keep me company today if it needs to and strangely I feel calmer after that. It's like acknowledging it helps to release it from my mind a little. Try it, see how you get on. I read about doing that in a book written by someone who has overcome anxiety and panic themselves. Let me know how you get on
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I did feel like that until I discussed it with my daughter and realised I was wasting my life. I went to my doc and with medication and Mindfulness I am now feeling much better. Mornings are still difficult but the rest of the day is good.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

yep. I feel that alot. I feel like i am stuck in a rut and the anxiety and worry just makes things worse. 

at the moment, mine is getting worse and i am pushing my partner away a bit. thankfully she is very understanding and we have talked about it. But i dont want to make her sad and miserable to. 

i do feel ungreatful at times, if something is happening and everyone is happy, then i should be happy to, and i dont understand why i am not happy. if that makes sense. i want to be happy. 

Never feel like your alone though, your not. Alot of people feel like that to.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

All felt it, most likely all given in to it at one time but hey, negativity is the food of depression, positive action starves the illness, standing up to it, weakens its resolve. Your happiness not a hostage to your illness but your proof that your in control. Bit of control techniques and you will be a winner, even without the drugs.

good on you

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm 37 now and I think I have suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life.  If you go though all my photos of my childhood and teenage years I am not smiling in a single one of them, not even the school pics.  I think part was environment and part genetics.  I know for a fact now a lot of my depression and anxiety is situtional and I am working to towards to try to change that.  Other then moments with my daughter I cannot remember when I was last truly happy.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up