Anybody Else had

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi All

i finally had to have my Mirena Coil removed yesterday, due to it not settling down right, has she removed it she noticed I had a polyp in the middle of my cervix, I had a very large one removed two years ago, she said it is only small but will after be removed, the only thing is a 18 week wait at least on the NHS, I suffer with awful health anxiety and have been doing fantastic lately controlling it, I am hoping this doesn't start it all off again, because before Christmas I was really bad with anxiety and panic attacks, I kept thinking I was dying. Does anyone know if your more proan to these because of the peri 😭😭😭

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm not sure if they're common in peri but I used to work for a consultant gynaecologist and I'd say they are common in general, a lot of the letters I used to type up mentioned the discovery of a polyp, the patient would have a polypectomy and all was well after. Hope this puts your mind at ease x
    • Posted

Thanks Donna, the doctor said they were common, but my silly mind goes into over drive with anything like this, just wish the wait wasn't so long, did you find that they were all harmless xx
    • Posted

Hiya

I never typed a dictation that discovered anything sinister with polyps. It was generally the much older ladies who had endometrial cancer, this flagged as bleeding many, many years after their menopause. Try not to worry, I'm the same, the slightest things set me off. I agree the waiting time in the UK (I assume you're in the UK) is terrible. I've been under my gyno since August, I've had one appointment!!! Back there this Friday all being well xx

• Posted

Hi Donna, thank you for that I feel a lot better 😄, yes I'm in the uk, last time I had to go private because they said it was anything up to 6 months and the polyp was very large, so had it done within the week private, it's just so annoying that we have to wait this long, apparently the doctor said it would be a simple procedure at the moment while it's still small. Hope all goes well for you on Friday and once again thank you for your info xx
  • Posted

Hi Sue, They are common.... I had one removed when I had my Mirena fitted. I also suffer from health anxiety and have been trying to keep it under control. I have terrible lower back pain and my digetvive system is all over the place as well as suffering from reflux on a daily basis. I have been tested for all kinds of things but in the back of my mind I wonder if they've missed something! Then my anxiety kicks insad

It's been around 18 months of suffering now.... How much longer will I be in pain everyday... argh!

Your not alone.

• Posted

Thank you Chrissie, I know exactly what you mean, I went into a panic as soon as she said I had another, I too have had stomach issues and lower back pain and then I was thinking omg there is something awful going on.if I have any horrible thoughts I'm going to keep reading Donnas post and try to think positive, just glad I went for the mirena removing or it would of been months before they discovered it, they kept putting the spotting down to that, when it could of been the polyp, I will know now what it is because I've got nothing there they can put the blame on. Xx
    • Posted

I think we have lots in common... It would be good to keep talking to each other and filling each other with positive thoughts! Luckily my close friend is a Dr and keeps me focused.... However, I do keep on and on at him with my ailments, I fear I am becoming a pest!

Do you have anyone you can talk to when your feeling health anxiety?

• Posted

Hi Chrissie

yes my eldest sister as been amazing she is the only one who can get me out of a panic attack, she as been through this and she herself didn't have a great time with it, so she completely understands how I feel. Oh you are so lucky to have a friend as a doctor..lol, I wish I had one.

i wil let you know the out come with the polyp but I'm been in a positive frame of mind after all these comments, I thank you all xx

• Posted

Hi Sue, just wondered if you had the polyp before Mirena was fit in or it just grew while you had mirena? Try not to worry too much. Once it is removed you'll feel a lot better without any anxiety. All the best.
    • Posted

hi imagine

yes my first one was found before the mirena, and this one was found because I was having it removed, my doctor is convinced the continuous spotting is down to the mirena that just wasn't for me, but I will find out now it as been removed, just want the polyp out now I know it's there, just in case it was anything else xx

• Posted

I have been suffering too with this peri since I was 45 yrs old, I'm 48 now. I get all sorts from spotting to stomach upset, feeling tired all the time. I had a polyp on my cervics which disappeared after a few months. My smear tests is normal, I have a 5cm fibroid in my uterus, causes a little abdominal pressure but I'm taking it easy and not worry as I've lived with fibroids since I was 27yrs old. Had an op to shrink it  10 yrs ago but now the fibroids is back.ive also had 2 polyps on my cervics, which dissapeared on it's own.

Since this peri, some days I'm very hungry and some days I feel nauseas, I was worried too and kept getting panic attacks In my sleep, waking up like I was dying. 

Lately I'm not worried anymore as I feel it's a part of the menopause process. I think positive and enjoy myself when I have the energy to do so. Please do not worry as there is nothing wrong with you... 

• Posted

I really only had bad anxiety in the Spring. Only have momentary bouts of anxiety when I'm not feeling myself or am not busy doing something else. The key is to stay busy. Try not to dwell on all the crazy symptoms. It really is mind over matter.
    • Posted

hi didi

you are so right there, I have found if I am not busy I start with really bad anxiety, too much time leaves you with too much time to think. Thank you everyone xx

• Posted

Yes you are more prone to anxiety in peri menopause and menopause due to the flucuating of the hormones. 

If you can control it thats good but you may see more if your hormones flucuate up and down 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

My anxiety is through the roof. I am learing how to deal with it by talking myself through it and telling myself it will go away. I guess my hormones have my anxiety all over the place. I have had many tests, and scans, and all come back that I am fine, but when the symptoms are going on, I feel like something is wrong and I immediately panic. I noticed that certain things make me panic like driving and being alone, which are some of the things I used to love to do, now they scare the heck out of me. I haven't been to work in almost two weeks because I can't concentrate when I'm there for thinking something is going to happen to me.

• Posted

Thats like me with my anxieties. I don't like being a lone then sometimes being in a room with a lot of people causes my anxieties to go up, 

There are times when i have these anxieties or panic attacks i feel like something bad is going to happen. 

I took some time off work but i am scared to go back to work but I just have to be strong and do it. 

When we are like this we need to say its just anxieties nothing is going to happen it will pass 

We just have to change our thinking when we are anxious 

• Posted

You are so right about that. I am back to work today trying to fight my anxieties. I'm uncomfortable but I I have to suck it up and do it because I have to be here. My manager has been really good about letting me leave due to not feeling well. But now she has to crack the whip. So I am going to have to sit through it, try to busy myself so I can try to stop focusing on my symptoms. It's hard as heck but I'm trying to work with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.