anybody ever feel like they are dying?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all, me again. 

Sometimes I feel like i am dying. My heart does weird things, I feel like I can't breath well, I get dizzy/ lightheaded and a bunch of other things. My mind automatically goes to the worst case scenario. Then my thoughts get out if control and deep down I know I'm not dying but my thoughts say what if I am dying? What If the doctors missed something and I have a serious disease. It's scary. I'm really scared right now. I just wanted to know if any of you felt the same? Is it normal to feel like this? Please tell me your symptoms and if you ever think/ feel like you're dying and how to calm down. I'm 22 and I eat more junk food than I should and sometimes don't drink enough water, but otger than that I'm not unhealthy. Anyways. Just needing some reassuranxe. Snxiety is bloody scary :,(. I wish we didn't have to suffer from it. 

xx

4 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Whitney I know exactly how you feel. I get these feelings a lot.  I also don't have the best diet really I try but it could be better. My symptoms get much worse when im going through a tough day or stressful time. I get a weird sensation in my chest, I can't really explain it but something just doesn't feel right. I then get chest pains, rapid heart beat, dizzyness, shortness of breath, blurred vision, fear of dying, feel like I'm not in control of my body. I get so scared by it.  I try to just reason with myself, or distradistract myself with a book or go for a walk but it's never easy. I hope you feel better soon. I always value everyone's opinions and help on here, it's a great place to come for advice x
  • Posted

I am exactly the same Whitney! I'm only 19 but ever since I gave birth last December I have had the worst anxity ever! I have the biggest fear of dying ever. I feel like in trapped no matter what I do I can't get rid of this horrible feeling. I constantly feel like there's something say on my chest which makes me short of breath, then I always get chest pains which makes me believe I have a heart condition or having a heart attack. It's been getting even worse recently😢 my heart races really fast i sweat head to toe go really dizzy and start getting pins and needles in my lips it's so weird and scarey it's horrible! But I feel like know ones ever going to be able to fix the way I feel so I don't see the point in going to the Drs sad it's so stressful I know how you feel sad xx
    • Posted

You need support you must get medical advice sounds like post natal depression and anxiety.  It will take time for you to get over this but you will bit you need support please seek it out.  Your sumptoms are common to anxiety. New year resolution for you get help.  Come on here anytime everyone has or is going through what you are 
    • Posted

Hi 

self diagnosing is dangerous as real conditions may go unnoticed 

post natal depression can give some serious odd sensations 

Where and what pains do u get that makes you think you r having a heart attack what's your pulse breathing ratio blood pressure 

whilst you're reading up on symptoms and possibly not getting the real help what thought are you giving to your child 

the rest is probably hyperventilating gives you tensions tingling pins and needles 

suggest u go the docs 

• Posted

I get the wierdest chest pains everyday and I am certain I am dying and all the docs say nothing is wrong...it is very scary..I cant eat anything without pain in the chest..I feel like my body is rejecting food...
    • Posted

Could be acid reflux? Plus im sure anxiety can cause acid in stomach to increase. Try doing a relaxation technique everytime before you eat.
  • Posted

Hello Whitney

It looks like you posted this some time ago.

I am curious if you have gotten better?

I suffer from anxiety and have had increased episodes lately where I actually feel myself dying.

My mind goes there and stays there. My breathing is irregular I find it hard to swallow, my heart rate increases and I feel like every breath is the last.

I just started on medication last week.

I'm curious if you have gotten better and if so how did you do it?

Also. To anyone else who has had this, what did you do?

• Posted

Your heart beating faster is actually your body keeping you alive.

Our anxiety really likes to trick us into thinking our worst fear is actually taking place.

When i was little i was terrified of losing feelings in my arms and legs. And what do u know? My arm was numb for a whole day and freaked me tf out 😂

Honestly what helps me is to just laugh at it and take it as a learning experience, so i know in the future to not freak out so much. I know its easier said than done. But learning to accept our anxiety and befriending it (because its going to be there for a long time) is your best bet.

• Posted

Yes. Feeling this for the first time right now. And honestly im just being present with it, and taking it as a learning experience. And if I dont die, I can learn from it tomorrow and choose to treat my body better. Im usually very healthy but the past couple days bc of depression, i ate a lot of junk food. So now I think my body is just turning on me, along with the depression and anxiety feelings.

Even when i feel like ive lost all hope for myself, i still see a small light at the end of the tunnel. And i will continue to chase after it until the day i die. Even if it gets dimmer and dimmer.

Having faith and hope is good bc it makes us feel better. So hold on to it ??

And this is coming from someone who almost gave up today... we all deserve happiness.

• Posted

I'm right there with you at least half the time! It's terrible. I've been to doctors... ER once and still learning to accept it's anxiety but also always panic and convince myself I'm actually dying!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.