Anybody experince same symptoms??

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there I'm a 32 year old male and have been suffering with anxiety problems for 3 year I've always been a worrier as long as I can remember and at times it drives me mad!! Anyway about 3 year ago due to life style change and realising I had to grow up and change my life (which I have done )I started to have panic attacks completely out of the blue after about 3 month of this I cudnt take no more and went to see a behavial therapist. After about 4 month of therapy the panic attacks stopped. I still get really anxious and it always seems worst in the winter months. The embarrassing thing is I seem to be obsessed with my health constantly thinking I may have got problems with my heart and that I'm going to die. after having palpations and can feel my heart beating hard a lot. Starting to think I'm becoming a hypochondriac and it's quite embarrassing, funny thing is I'm a big strapping lad of about 15 stone with tattoos all over my arms and most people would probably never guess this is how I live my day to day life. Hate feeling this way and feel really embarrassed at times as I drive my loved 1s mad with my constant worrying. Was wondering if anybody else has similar problems to mine and would be interested to hear any 1s thoughts or opinions.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was having really bad heart palps. Started in December. The heart palps have stopped now but I'm always anxious and for sometimes no reason at all!
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with GAD 3 years ago I have a wide range of symptoms at the minute worrying about every little twinge it's horrid just starting on amiltriptyline hope they work it don't matter what u look like this terrible illness can deeply effect anyone no matter how young or old and its crippling I just tell myself it won't kill u it help a little but believe me I'm still stuggling best of luck tho
  • Posted

Hiya luke I'm exactly the same as u, mine started about 8 months ago when I had my first panic attack I didn't even know what it was automatically assumed it was a heart attack my bf rang an ambulance said it was a panic attack and then I started having them all the time, constant chest pain, pounding heart beat, constantly thinking I'm going to have a heart attack! Every day without fail I have these symptoms, since new year I have had 6 visits to a&e and numerous doctors appointments had 6 ecgs and blood tests all normal and also 2 chest x rays all they say oh its anxiety but I find it so hard to believe constantly thinking they are missing something, I'm only 22 but yet feel my days are numbered with me constantly worrying when this heart attack is going to strike! I'm currently taking propanolol 10mg 3 times daily and just been put on mirtazipine as well the propanolol are great for slowing down a fast heartbeat and the mirtazipine are good for getting sleep as that's what I couldn't do and also just started sleeping well again thanks to these maybe ask your doctor to try u on these see if they help, remember ur not alone I know what ur going through and wouldn't wish it on anyone! hope u start feeling better soon my family and partner are always saying it's not my heart don't worry stop panicking etc but it'd easier to say then do so just think positive and feel free to message me if u need a chat smile
    • Posted

Hi Laura sorry to hear of your problems hope thing get better for you soon just give your self plenty of time. I'm not on medication at mo but starting to wonder if I woid be best on meds. Tryed last year can't remember what tablets they were but they made me feel even worse life I was in a different world so binned they should probably have stuck with them till they got in my system!! I've had ecg scans and cardio Eco scans and still does not help put my mind at rest. Have you tryed behavioural therapy?? It really helped for me at time wish you all the best Laura and I'm sure u will be feeling better in time thanks for replying really appreciate it 😉
    • Posted

Yeah just give them a try for a few weeks see how u go with them, and thank u hope u do too I'm the same nothing can aand will put my mind at rest but they say that's the horrible side of anxiety nothing reassures you! And no not tried that yet but been thinking of giving it a go if these tablets don't work and thanks hun and your welcome anytime smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.