Anybody have Cyclothymia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. Does anyone here have Cyclothymia? I was diagnosed in Dec and really struggling to manage it. Any support much appreciated ☺

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I looked it up and it's like bipolar but without the meds.  It's hard dealing with mood swings but persevere and you will get over the hurdles.

rich

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes I was diagnosed in december but confused as I get depressed badly for three months then im ok for three months whats your symptoms? Im struggling big time!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi I know how you feel. I get highs and lows on a daily basis. And mixed episodes where I cannot think straight and get irritated and emotional,then energetic and start doing lots of things. I am usually low in the morning and Just recently I haven't been able to sleep properly. I'm due a medication review on 25th April.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi thanks for you reply. I have a review on 27th and have just stopped aripiprazole as it made me so low dont know what they'll try next but its a nightmare. Im worried about my job and go back tuesďay after having a month off. Im on duluxetine and quitiapine at moment. My cycle is nearly always every three months. I go from high to very low.

Chris

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I take fluoxetine 20mg I was taking 40 but felt like a zombie or really high - like you, two extremes. Try not to worry too much about work. You have been unwell, and there's a HR protocol they have to follow. Please keep in touch if it helps. I know it helps me!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind words yes do keep in touch it's good to talk to someone who knows what you're going through. Im trying to be positive about work but am very anxious and get confused almost forgetting what to do and I know my job so well. Fingers crossed it will be ok

thanks again

Chris

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up