Anybody have experience with Hollister VaPro Touch Free Catheters

Posted , 3 users are following.

I get my catheters through the VA. I have been getting the Coloplast SpediCath 14Fr coude for a couple of years. Well I refilled my prescription last week and today I got 180 of the Hollister VaPro touch-free.

I'm not sure I like the change... wondering if anybody has had any experience with the VoPro and how they compare with the SpediCath?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Jwrhn,

When I started cathing over 2 years ago, my uro gave me some of the VoPros to try out. I didn't like them because I didn't feel like I could control them very well. I currently use Speedicath 12frs or 14frs. The concept behind the no-touch catheters is good, but I learned the Jimjames "dive bomb" technique on this forum--it's also no-touch and gives me the control I need to finesse a catheter through my tight spots.

Stebrunner

• Posted

I've been using the Spedi Cath and Jim's advice and technique for a couple of years. I'm not sure if Hollister under bid Coloplast for the VA contract and that's what the VA is using now or the Uro's I see are concerned about UTI's or the fact my hands are starting to get pretty shaky and they changed the Rx....seems to me they prescribe VaPro's to the guys with SCI a lot more than to guys with retention...

I still have a box or two of Spedi Cath's around so I'll go slow and see if I can get used to the vapro's the thing that concerns me is getting the orientation right for the coude tip,  with my anatomy it cant go in sideways without scratching things up.

• Posted

Speedicath recently came out with the Flex model, which is also no touch, and Jimjames recently started a new discussion on their new updated version of the Flex. Maybe you could get some samples from Coloplast, the manufacturer. I know I did when they first introduced the product. Research it and see what you think. Don't know where it falls in the price spectrum. I had trouble getting the Flex through my tight spots, so I've stuck with the Speedicaths.

Stebrunner

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.