Anybody on testosterone ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I think my testerosterone was at a good level but trying to figure out why I cannot get out of bed .... estrogen patch not fixing the problem. . Constantly low mood depressed and tired. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i feel the same.I got my patch upped to 75 thinking id feel alot better but it isnt working at all.

I feel tierd breathless im bloated and now i thing i have an infection as my glands are up behind my ear. dosnt help when the patches fall off after a day. id feel much better if i just didnt feel tierd all the time. Do you fall asleep at odd moments?

i can get up after sleeping all night and feel so tierdthat im out for the count at 9:30 in morning for three hours. id take my youngets to school i had twins at 39 nearly 40 , they ten now, id take them school and get home tierd from it and breathless then do a clean and be out till two sometimes. i can do. jothing and still be tierd. i can go out to try to stay awake then im a zombie wile out. im also still sweating but heat nisnt helping much.

• Posted

My testosterone was at 1 and the obgyn at the time told me there’s no medical evidence showing that a lack of testosterone is linked with fatigue.  Yeah, right!  Tell that to a man.  Not sure where you are.  I’m in the US,  I would have to go to a naturopath to get testosterone cream or whatever.  

If your testosterone is at a good level, I think it’s actually dangerous to supplement with more...be careful! 

• Posted

It probably needs to be counter- balanced with progesterone. Buy a cream and see if that works. I've had success with it so I know it can help.

• Posted

forgot to add..

with testosterone you might want to know your level 

Free and total..just to be sure you dont already have a bunch.

i know mine is always super rock bottom low so that is why im confident taking it.

x0

• Posted

I just got done posting about how hrt does not help me, but i will say that the testosterone DOES help.

I give it to men all the time at work, and like Lou said, OFCOURSE it helps with fatigue, and focus and energy.

Just an update: I started the estrogen AGAIN last week only to discontinue it 5 days later. I just dont have the patience to feel even crazier or worse than i already do,,(i call it 'weird on top of weird'.

so i stopped it, BUT i am still taking the testosteron, and its good. 

I have been thinking a bit about the other lady's comment on (moody's comment)on how her provider introduced her slowly to the hormones and began with progesterone, then estrogen, over a few months stime. It kind of makes sense to me.

I might (as another experiment ofcourse) give my body about a week break or more, then try a low dose of progesterone (bioidentical-ive saved) and do it for a month, and then INTRODUCE estrogen slowly and do it for a month.

(im just thinkin about it) because it might be best to get your progesterone level up a bit FIRST then add estrogen..not just slop it all on in one felt dose...

she really had a good experience with this particular regimen and way of dosing, and her symptoms were similar to ours, soo you never know.

cheers

xoxo

• Posted

Let me know if you try this method . I took the patch off yesterday (estrogen only ) as yes making me depressed on top of depression and also a little wired and uneasy . It did make my skin look great but not worth it . 

Just want to feel like myself .

It’s all so confusing and VERY stressful especially when you hear so many success stories.   

Going to ask my dr is a low dose testeosterone would help me . 

• Posted

I think I may try this too. I ripped my estradiol patch off last night ( only 2mg) and today I feel more human . I’m going to keep it off for a week and see how I do . I’ll keep doing my progesterone over the counter cream by Emeritas  as that seems to work and then maybe introduce estradiol 1.5 mg . Also calling dr today to see if I can get a low dose testosterone. 

How has it helped you Mauiblue ? What mg are you on ? And did it bloat you ? 

Cheers! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.