Anyone?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm getting pains in my actual heart like stabbing does anyone get this? What is it? Now I'm panicking 😩

2 likes, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi michaela

I get them now and again it comes on when I'm anxious about something try not to think about the pains and they will go away

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i heard about people with anxiety getting pains in the heart but my opinion would be cause yo worry to much and get to anxious and feel fear it makes the heart worry to much and the more you think about it the more it will stay there how are you feeling now? i hope your feeling better how long has it been going on?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had anxity attack last night and had pains in my chest for little while. Felt like stress or tense muscles on my chest bone. It made me more anxious. But i relaxed eventually and it eased. I don't often get pains with my anixty just it's a pain in the bottom. Maybe try a hot bath you might need to try relax your muscles
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's usually the muscles around the heart which get tense and tight (they wont affect you heart) or it is sometimes stomach tension (your stomach is higher in your body than you think). Either way it is anxiety and will do you no harm. I have had this many times and its worrying but nothing has ever happened from it (like everything else about anxiety, it scares you but doesnt actually do anything). We are all still here.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hello michaela when you get ains in the heart how long do they last? i really hope your feeling better i ussually get hard heart beats at a norml heart rate but i can se my stomach move a little with each heart beat thye last for awhile but i think its cause i get to anxiuos and really worried
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Stabbing pains in your chest is not associated with your heart. Pain that is, is usually heavy and feel like there is something on it. But not all heavy feelings are connected  with heart trouble. Sharp pains are caused by many things. Usually not harmful. Stress, Anxiety, Gas, Muscle irritation, and many other benign causes. Rarely something is wrong. So i'll just tell you to calm down and everything is going to be alright. If this continues for over a week or 2 weeks, i'll recommened you to go to the doctor just case. Good luck! smile
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am also dealing with this. I get fluttering in my chest, sharp pains, chest heaviness, and shortness of breath or the feeling like i can't breathe. The more I concentrate on my heart rate and breathing, the more it gets worse I do breathing excersises and tell myself that everything is going to be ok, I  at a very young age for there to be heart problems. If I was older, yeah i would be more scared. My mom gets this too. She feels a huge ball in her chest and she could barely breathe. But it's cause of her gas. She also takes medication for this. Im guessing mine is genetic.

*Also, if your pain is associated with stomach pain, cramps, or discomfort, it is usually gas or bad digestion and is not harmful. If you move and the pain changes there is NOTHING to be afraid of. This is very common and many people rush to the ER cause of this. It usually turns out to be benign. 

I wish you good luck. smile

*Try to get some rest. Or try to get your mind off of this and do something distracting like watching a YouTube video. smile or if you feel like eating something, eat some fruit (banana or apple).

Again, gooood luckkk. smile smile smile

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply!! Sorry u and ur mum go through it!!! It's horrible ain't it I hate it so so much 😩. How old are you? I'm 19 .. 20 next month so I'm not that young x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I used to get it, awful feeling, i also feel like i'm unreal or in a dream, it makes me panic, i've went to the hospital twice after feeling this to be told it's anxiety, i know it's really scary, because when i used to feel it, i thought i was going through a heart attack, and i felt like i would choke or my heart wll stop and i would die, but nothing really happens, i also feel squeezing or something like a lump stuck in my throat and it is really uncomfortable, try to go for walks regularly and do things u like to do, to keep ur mind of it, i know it's hard, but i'm sure u'll get over it. Just put in your mind the thought that this is a normal thing and it won't hurt u. Stay healthy and GOOD LUCK! :D :D
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh my god!! This is how I feel all the time it's so scary 😔😔. I hate it so much! I'm so obsessed with my heart I can't help it, it's also so hard to not try concentrate on it or to keep ur mind of it I think feel like I'm living in hell , thank you so much hope u get better to x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Just wanted to ask u a question, do u feel pain in ur heart or in ur whole chest? Cause i've fealt pain, as if i'm get knifed in my chest for most of the day which happens a lot lately, but this time it lasted for a long time, also do u feel a weird feeling like something is stuck in ur throat but u can't get it out?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've felt squeezing and a stabbing feeling in my chest close to my heart and it's sooo uncomfortable and I feel like something stuck in my mouth and it affects my breathing and it makes me panic. :'(
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up