Anyone!.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I'm 47 and recently started experiencing hot flushes, woooowww all I can say, now I understand, sleepless nights where I can wake up countless times through the night with very strange dreams.

well this early hours I woke where my heart started beating very fast then fluttered now is this Normal ??? I have not ever experienced this if this is normal what did I experience? Thanks all.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I'm 44 and coming to the slow conclusion that I am perimenopausal. I haven't had the sleepless nights or sweats yet....but I am definitely experiencing the fast heart rate and fluttering. It is a little frightening. I'm also quite 'nervy' with it and often scaring other people because I don't realise they are there and then jump with fright.

This is all horrible as I've always been in the best of health. I've stupidly being 'googling' and diagnosed myself with all

sorts of horrendous illness. Do you have nausea and burping too?

• Posted

Yes Shelly, I'm afraid it all sounds horribly familiar! When mine first started I actually went to our doctors on two occasions and had an ECG done. Everything checked out fine, they were as bemused as me.

It is what the author Terry Prattchet would have called an embuggerance. Just about sums it up.

• Posted

I started experiencing this last year and like you it scared me to death. I had to be taken out of work twice in an ambulance because I thought I was having a heart attack. The last time I went a nurses physician called a cardiologist to get to the bottom of why my heart was doing this he ended up doing a heart Cath to rule out anything was wrong. Which my heart was fine. So yes its definitely perimenopause. I have been through it all this past year. Wish I had found this site it's very helpful. Love the women on here. Hang in there. BTW I'm 47 too

• Posted

Hi Shelly, all normal darling it stops then come back till it subside.....I still get it now and again but it use to frighten me out side and will run all the way back home.
  • Posted

Hey yes it sounds like it Ive just had a hysterectomy and it put me on the menapause immediately the hot sweats at night are horrendous Ive started taking hrt,  perhaps go for a chat with your dr it could be the start but if your periods are regular it may be a long process before your fully on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.