Anyone 8 months post Fib/Tib Fx or beyond ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am 8 months post fib/tib with a plate and 13 screws. I am wondering how someone at my stage of recovery or beyond is doing?

It is such a very long road and would love to hear how others are. I myself have come such a very long way and am most thankful. I guess I am wondering if I am as good as it gets?

Best wishes to all - speedy recovery!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sue,

How are you doing now?  I'm at 6 months post op.  I can walk pretty good unaided, but my dorsiflexion is limited.  My ankle feels stiff and hurts quite a bit.  I can be on it for about 2-3 hours a day, luckily I don't have to work.  It swells after use.  I continue icing and using compression in the evening.  I've been going to PT once a week, but it doesn't seem to be doing too much.  I feel blocked.  I can shower, drive, ride my bike (things I wondered if I'd ever be able to do it again).  I'm interested in hearing where you are at 2 months ahead of me.  

Best wishes fellow ankle breaker!

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I see you understand my interest of hearing how someone ahead of me in recovery is doing- as you are too. smile

Yes we are all different and have various breaks/ factors and situations. But this is where I am after a severe shatter- plate and 13 screws. I am most thankful believe me. I had zero dorsiflexion at month 2 but worked hard, prayed often and the nerves did repair and continue to do so. I still wear a compression stocking (only during the day) as it helps with support and swelling. At 8 months the swelling has improved considerably. You are not blocked- look at the skills you have regained! and will continue to do so! Keep working on the dorsiflexion. 

My goal at present is to overcome the hesitantsy I experience when taking that first step quickly and experience pain.  This is an obstacle for me as I need to be able to move quickly when watching my 2yr old grandson. For the safety of him and me. Keep in touch and share your progress. You will get there!

Best wishes to all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.