Anyone coming off citalopram to try for a baby

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there

I have been on 40mg for two years for anxiety disorder and depression. I have reduced my dose gradually since July to 20mg. I plan to reduce to 10mg when I have two weeks off work. I find my concentration isn't great during withdrawn and insomnia. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice?

thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

come of slowly can you drop to 15mg rather than to 10mg it will help with the symtoms you are having hope this helps x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

thank Maria

spoke to my GP about this but he said it won't be necessary as he's found many people go from 20- 0 without too many issues. I had asked about the drops but he said the dosing isn't that accurate.  X

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I tried to come off mine when I found out I was pregnant 2 1/2 years ago but due to my crazy hormones I was all over the place. My gp told me before I tried to come off them I didn't need to so I ended up taking 20 mg throughout my pregnancy and my little girl was fine. X
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

evrybody is different see how you get on x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up