Anyone deal with high blood pressure sometimes from aniexty

Posted , 4 users are following.

Some days I am fine other days I just feel anxious like I cant set still heart is beating faster weird feeling in stomach and chest and if I set still it just makes it worse I just was put on blood pressure meds like a year ago and I have propranolol that helps me when I get to feeling like this but just wondering if anyone else? Any input would be great thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely. During a bad panic attack my blood pressure rose so high I was nearly sent to the hospital for a hypertensive crisis. Occasionally if I'm having a bad day it will rise a bit higher than normal, and the next day it'll be okay. From what I've heard this is pretty common...

• Posted

Was put on atenenol lowest dose 25mg 8 years ago for A fib and anxiety. Works great for my blood pressure. Wonderful drug just my input on BP meds
  • Posted

Yes. I am prone to the same problem... I have anxiety which makes my blood pressure spike. The key thing is try to relax.. I refused to take any anxiety meds because I didn't want to get hooked on them and also I know a few people who are on meds and have bad mood swings... I've lost a few friendships over it...

I try relaxation techniques.. Working out. Massage. Sometimes just being with family also helps... I listen to new age and jazz music to relax as well..

Also, I try to keep busy.. If I'm working on something, I don't just sit there and stew. I get engaged so my brain doesn't have time to go into anxiety mode..

My doc knows of this and told me that my blood pressure is the result of anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.